Scottish Weather

anathema

Reaction score
Incredibly, it's actually warmer outside than it is in my office! :frown: I wish I was outside...anyway, I thought I'd share this with y'all:

50 degrees - New Yorkers turn on the heat. People in Scotland plant gardens.

40 degrees - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Scotland sunbathe.

35 degrees - Italian cars won't start. People in Scotland drive with the windows down.

20 degrees - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats. People in Scotland throw on a T-shirt.

15 degrees - Californians begin to evacuate the state. People in Scotland go swimming.

Zero degrees - New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Scotland have the last BBQ before it gets cold.

10 degrees below zero - People in Miami cease to exist. People in Scotland lick flagpoles.

20 degrees below zero - Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Scotland throw on a light jacket.

80 degrees below zero - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Scottish Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

100 degrees below zero - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. People in Scotland pull down their ear flaps.

173 degrees below zero - Ethyl alcohol freezes. People in Scotland get frustrated when they can't thaw their kegs.

297 degrees below zero - Microbial life starts to disappear. Scottish cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

460 degrees below zero - ALL atomic motion stops. People in Scotland start saying "chilly, you cald an aw?"

500 degrees below zero - H e l l freezes over. England wins the World Cup!

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
520 degree's below zero - The World Ends - Scotland Win The World Cup By Default !

:big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
Oh, I think England winning the World Cup would pretty much be the end of the world anyway! :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, i like it best when we play Scotland - it makes it so much more easier to get to the next round ! :big_grin:

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah, i like it best when we play Scotland - it makes it so much more easier to get to the next round ! :big_grin:
Well, there's gotta be a first time for everything! :stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
**** - *changes subject* Yeah it is cold - been snowing here too - i almost buried the cat !

anathema

Reaction score
My wee sister's at UCL; apparently she and her flatmates were making something out of snow yesterday...not a snowman, I gather, as the neighbours found it offensive...!

We on the other hand have had a little frost and ice, but that's been about it - it rarely snows in central Edinburgh. :smile:

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I love Edinburgh but the weather there was shocking when I last visited. I got my first chill blanes in Edinburgh.

Ah, the memories........

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Amy
I love Edinburgh but the weather there was shocking when I last visited. I got my first chill blanes in Edinburgh.

Ah, the memories........
Sounds like the weather was normal, then :smile: We get a 10-month winter up here, y'know...

Out of interest, the the fire last month make the international news at all?