Screening test

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I had just purchased the Muppet Movie on DVD and I came across the special features and this thing called *Muppet Screening Test*was on it. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? If so, isn't it just hilarious?

I think my favorite part was when Kermit and Piggy were sitting and talking, and Piggy said she cut this girl in half (can't remember her name) and then Kermit said he thought she got run over by a truck (Jim was trying not to laugh while saying this) I think it's pretty hilarious whenever they were ever giggling while performing :smile:

I also like when Fozzie and Kermit were in the tree and they were arguing on how Fozzie wasn't a Real bear, and how Kermit "has a rod sticking out of his hand" making Kermit all freaked out! There were also moments where you could actually see the muppeteers. I wish there was more stuff like that...gave me the nice *home video* feeling. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I LOVE that screen test.

We did some stuff with Muley (my puppet character if you don't know by now) here in Memphis that we won't ever be able to show, did it on home video, and it is really REALLY funnee! On the other hand, soon as we can, we're compiling it all into one video and it should be pretty funny...we've laughed til we had tears in our eyes.

I love background stuff like that.

FOZ

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
LOL! Yeaaah! That sounds like it'd be fun (& hilarous!) I wish I could see that!

After watching that screen test about a gagillion times, I am thinking of using some of my puppets for a "screen test" of their own!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Does anyone recall a funny screen test when Kermit was in a field asking cows, "Have you ever gone to Los Angles"? He started laughing and Fozzie warned him that there's bulls and Kermit freaked out and ran. Then Fozzie started laughing.

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Hahaha, yeah that's just hilarious!
I noticed they laughed alot while puppeteering, but that just made it alot funnier!!

Gah, I wanna watch it again!!

doctort13

Reaction score
Thumbs WAY up

You can bet your go go boots that Jim & Frank were having fun during that screentest. It really showed the connection that they shared.

Let's hope that future Muppet DVDs include gems like this. :big_grin: