1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 40 Press Kit!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Mad Men

The upcoming Mad Men sketch is now available for viewing at sesamestreet.org: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...&p_p_uid=90b9a619-0769-42fc-bf9f-0258aa40cbfe

It is a very funny sketch, though I expected the characters to be mad for most of the sketch. They show a variety of emotions, all equal with being mad. It is kind of weird that the image of the bear's honey getting stolen by squirrells makes them mad. Why would somebody be mad because they saw a picture of a bear's honey being stolen? I personally find that image funny.

Any idea who performed the pink live-hand anything muppet (I think he's pink... Is this a new AM)? I know that Joey Mazzarino is the lavendar one, and Frank Oz obviously is the orange gold boss. I would like to say it's David Rudman, since he and Mazzarino are normaly paired together, but I don't think that's right. Is it Matt Vogel?
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I head cookie too and my first thought as that's Frank! So you're not the only one who heard it!

Love the Mad Men! Too funny and the i-pod commercial!
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It could be Matt, then again it could have been Noel MacNeal.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The Mad Men parody was great! I never watched the show, but that still doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.

The new theme song is pretty good. My only problems with it are that I wish Snuffy and Prairie would be included, it's kinda short, I HATE that Zoe puppet and the effect of Super Grover crashing into he street scene was kind of bad. Other than that, it looks like an awesome season!
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, I did hear a few subtle differences in the arrangement. Technically it's a new theme, but definitely similar to the last 2 seasons in its overall sound. Basically, they're still using the same urban hip hop type deal here, albeit a different arrangement.

But I LOVED the visuals... somehow, they seem to reference the 90's Calypso theme's visuals. Cookie eating an illustrated cookie and getting a mouth full-a-chalk dust is too precious to not love.
  6. Oscarfan

Bad news, the press kit has been taken down, most likely to release it in October.
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, I just love that Mad Men pradoy, I mean you can defintely tell that Frank Oz was in it. :(
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I know I'm so bummed! I wanted to see the new theme song everyone is talking about. Can anyone tell me what characters are in it? Like does The Count & Telly appear in it this time?

Btw, was I the only one smiling throughout watching the whole Mad Men parody? Not that just the segment itself was overall good & funny, because it was, but that it was a real treat see Frank Oz perform again? :super:
  9. Oscarfan

Yup. Virtually every main and secondary character (sans Prairie and Snuffy) are in it (even Murray and Ovejita make brief appearances).
  10. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I know I'm a bit late, but when I click on the link in the top, all I get is an "Oops" message. Do you know if the site moved? If so, can you please repost it?
  11. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

It worked for me.

The new opening sequence was pretty cool. Even though the theme music was pretty much identical to the 2007-2008 theme, I could tell right away it was a different recording when it started up (the harmonica in the beginning gave it away), and the visuals that go with it are nice and colorful too. I think I like this intro better than the 2007-2008 intro, but that's just me.

I was a little irked they didn't update the "Murray Has a Little Lamb" intro. I swear some controversy is gonna come up soon due to the use of a gangster-rap theme song with Latin Americans singing "Murray has a little laaaaamb!" What's worse, looks like they might not have filmed new skits in the series.

As for "Abby's Flying Fairy School," I hope this won't be in every episode. I mean it's neat, but I'd prefer if this would alternate with "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures."

The increasing frequency of Frank Oz on the show is pretty promising too. And starting it off with a Big Bird-centered episode is an EXCELLENT idea (even better than last year's great "Indiana Jones" parody starring Telly!) So far, I'm looking forward to it!
  12. Oscarfan

By that logic, parents should boycott "In the Hights" as well. :smirk:

So, it looks like the press kit is officially up. Abby's fairy segment is neat and all, but it's not something I'd like to see in every episode, especially since they obviously didn't make enough for the whole season, so we're bound to see repeats.
  13. zns

zns Active Member

The theme song looks excellent the way it was set up. As for the "Mad Men" parody, it was a thrill seeing Frank Oz being able to do an Anything Muppet again like he used to. Knowing that he is a busy man and does not rely heavily on his career with the Muppets, he is definately the kind of entertainment man who knows what he wants and what he is doing. God bless him and everyone else involved with Sesame Street.
  14. Drtooth

Well... I'm rewatching it right now, and I'll give you a run down...

Big Bird floating by in a hot air Balloon... little pink muppet birds fly around him

Oscar driving a garbage truck, Grover driving a Taxi, Bert driving a car with Rosita in the back seat, Count VonConunt driving a double decker tourist bus full of tourist chickens

Telly and baby bear playing catch with a Beach ball, Murray mailing a drawn letter, Ovijita jumping out of the mailbox

Cookie eating chalk cookies

More pink muppet birds

Elmo riding trike

Abby flying by Ernie's flower box

Ugly new Zoe dancing...

That's all of them.
  15. Drtooth

Oh yeah....

If for some reason you have problems watching the videos on SS's site, check out their Youtube channel. They have ALL the same clips up there.
  16. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Wow, the new Theme song look is like a combination of nearly other theme songs of the shows past, they really dug up some of the good ones. :insatiable:
  17. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I've seen some of the press-release clips on YouTube tonight. The "D for Dance" one was brilliant; the rearranged theme song was pretty good (gotta love Cookie Monster with a mouthful of chalk dust!). But "Mad Men" focused on too many emotions at once--kids will probably learn more about confusion than they do about anger. :confused:

The "Super K Cereal" commercial idea seems promising at first; I wonder why the Workshop didn't try that one sooner, since both Special K and the "eating multiple bowls" Total ad have been around for years. But a cereal with only one letter (and a consonant at that) can't spell a word; looks like you'll need all those bowls after all! :zany:
  18. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

19. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

Also noticed on one of the videos on the Sesame youtube channel-the opening has changed from "folding" effects to one featuring the Muppet characters in a chalk-drawn environment.
    Some elements of it reminded me of the theme used from 1992-1998-only this time animated of course.
  20. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Member

Press kit seems to be working for me as of today (the 2nd of October).