1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 40 Press Kit!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I really was hoping to see Chris and miles hang out together as cousins just like Gordon and and Olivia were close as brother and sister. And to explain to the Muppet about how cousins are family and and hang out and do fun things together as a family. Oh well.
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

SS.org just updated with info about the new season, inducing episode descriptions, a slight look at the show's new format and an awesome highlight reel!
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That highlight reel was FANTASTIC! Absolutely awesome. Highlights of the highlights (for me): Jason Mraz's "Outdoors" and Jimmy Fallon. Awesome. :D
  4. UFOfirefly

UFOfirefly New Member

Does anyone know on which date season 40 is going to begin airing?

5. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

It will start airing on November 10, 2009... exactly 40 years after "Sesame Street" first began airing in 1969! (I bet this was deliberate!)
  6. Rocket Stevo

Rocket Stevo New Member

Judging from the highlight reel near the end if you keep pausing it when the date goes to 08.19.91, it does show a scene with the Count with an Orange Anything Muppet with a baby pink baby in his hand. That was the Jon & Kate sketch, but of course we might have to see if it would air.

The highlight reel does draw me in to watch it.
  7. UFOfirefly

UFOfirefly New Member

Thanks a lot. Wow, that is wicked cool! Yeah, I'll bet that it was deliberate...ha ha.
  8. Oscarfan

Well duh! Otherwise, the season would've stated on Monday, Nov. 9 or earlier.
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I Must say the highlight reel for season 40 seems very interesting and I can't wait to how it all turns out. :)
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah. They probably planned it that way because usually the new season would begin in September. Or is it going to be like this every year? I don't know.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that Matt performs Big Bird in the Sarah Parker segment?

As for that guy singing the parody of that song... sure fire sounds good, if I actually heard of him and his actual song. :wisdom:

Yeah... It was in February, then April, then August... seems like it's naturally moving every 2-3 months. Stinks that it's taking so long, but they really want to launch this to co-incide with their real 40th...
  12. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

New MAD MEN Sketch

Hey Folks,

I think this is a new sketch that will be on the new upcoming 40'th season of Sesame Street. And guess what?

FRANK OZ IS IN THIS SKETCH! :insatiable: :super: :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvKCfZqxrQ
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Ah! According to show writer Annie Evans, Tyler Bunch was the other puppeteer in the Man Med sketch!
  14. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

new mad men

Hi guys! Does anybody knows about how many sketches have made Frank Oz with Eric Jacobson? and did Jerry work a lot with Eric too? thaks for answering!
  15. Oscarfan

I don't get the question, but Frank did come in to record some new Grover bits and the Man Men sketch.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There was a letter of the day segment with cookie Monster and Grover (this was a while back) and I can't remember if Frank played Grover or Cookie... i he played Cookie, then he did work with Eric, if not, he didn't.
  17. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

thanks for posting! i would love to see that sketch, if anyone can put that on youtube Iwill be very pleased!
  18. Oscarfan

19. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hmmm... that PBS one isn't working for me. It keeps saying, "This video is currently unavailable."
  20. Oscarfan

Keep trying. It didn't work for me the first couple of times.