See?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I told you the thread requesting a stop to thread closures was gonna get closed. :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry, I've had a long day, and I'm going corny to stay sane.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's crazy, it's starting flame wars, it's nothing but drama... and it means I have been more drawn to MC this week alone then I have been in months! I love this! Muah ha ha ha ha! I love you Muppet Central! I love every last one of you crazy mother *******!

Edit: Sorry, I just really do love this place and all of you. It's the insanity that makes it so much fun. That and the tequila.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's crazy, it's starting flame wars, it's nothing but drama... and it means I have been more drawn to MC this week alone then I have been in months! I love this! Muah ha ha ha ha! I love you Muppet Central! I love every last one of you crazy mother *******!
Settle down there big guy, or are you trying to land the two of us on The Johnny Fiama Show again?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's the Jersey in me, what can I say? You're back, Snowth; I'm back, buncha' others from a few years back also hangin' around again. It just wouldn't be the same place around here if we didn't let a few feral otters into the water park slides to mix it up. :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Me too, actually. It's nice to see some fire in this place! Jamie if you read this, since I can't reply directly, I loved your thread and post and agree 100%! And I don't think that thread should have been closed, because it's NOT a moot point, it's an ongoing issue for months now, and locking threads and deleting posts won't make it go away!

Also if I didn't see you two around I wouldn't be making an effort to actually post; you two are so much a part of the life-blood and personality of this forum!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also if I didn't see you two around I wouldn't be making an effort to actually post; you two are so much a part of the life-blood and personality of this forum!
We love ya too, Peps... *Nudges her jaw*

Nick22

Reaction score
what's going on with locking up threads? i never heard about it.

EDIT: i just found the thread you were talking about, and it seems ridiculous to me. to close certain threads with no reason given.

dwmckim

Reaction score
"Since the thread in question was re-opened this afternoon, this discussion is now a moot point and is being closed."

...and that ladies and gentlemen is a perfect example of the problems that were being addressed in the thread. The thread was about thread closures and deletions being WAY too common when they should be a last resort and done on rare occasion. A particular thread being closed was the beginning of the topic but the subject itself went beyond the closure of a specific thread so to close the thread calling the subject a moot point remains perhaps the best example one could make as to how bad the problem is. (And the very fact that i pointed this out will now probably lead to THIS thread being closed/deleted. Sigh.)

Nick22

Reaction score
if that thread was closed, no doubt this one will too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I expect this thread to be close, but I just HAD to be Dr. Obvious around here and point out that the thread closures thread was closed, just like I predicted.

Again, I'm sorry, I have a freakin' lousy day today, and if I don't act a little crazy, I'll go insane.