Seeing Double

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey there folks! Haven't been here in a while, but I got a neat question for you, if you're up for it.

Back in the mid 70's there was a clip of a little boy getting four cones (all chocolate, all soft-serve)
from an ice cream man (check it out on youtube).
I always loved the honky-tonk piano music, and every time the ice cream man reaches into the truck to pull out a cone, you see his legs dangling in the air.

The kid gets his four cones, but he's losing his grip and they're starting to melt.
"HELP!!!!"
Then four of his pals take the ice cream off him, leaving him empty-handed.
"HELP!!!!"
Mr. Ice Cream Man takes pity on the poor kid, gives him a free vanilla cone and a pat on the head, and all is right in the universe once more.

I've enjoyed this clip since it first aired way back when I was seven. But what really blew me away was that the nerdy little kid- from his brown bangs, Buddy Holly bifocals, beaver buck teeth, blue button-down, Bermuda boxers, bobby socks, and Buster Brown boots- was the spittin' image of ME!!!!

Does anybody else have a Sesame clip where you could swear you were watching a 2-D image of yourself? (Or your evil twin?)

Please let us know, and don't be shy.
Operators are standing by! Tanx!

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Hey there, Fuzzy! Let me step up to your microphone and shake your operator awake, because I would have to say that the little girl "Joey" from the "A-B-C Cookie Monster" clip was my twin. Not only was I about the same age as she was when the clip was filmed, but I had the cute little ponytails and cherubic cheeks that Joey sported way back when. I swear I had the same shirt, too. However, I don't think I would have been caught joking around with Kermit, as I was way too shy to have been on the front side of the camera. Then again, it was KERMIT, and I guess I would have done anything as long as he was hanging out with me. Kermit makes everything groovy. :smile: