1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Segel pushing for an Oscar

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Cindy, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Jason cracks me up. Maybe we should all be creating social buzz for Oscar nods for The Muppets this year. What about Cinematography? Sound Mixing? Foreign Language (for The Chef)?

Read article here.
    Muppet fan 123 and Puckrox like this.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I hope he gets one....
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hmm, as much as I do like that song, I LOVE Life's A Happy Song. I could see that winning best original song fer sure.
  4. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I think that any of the songs from the Muppets could be nominated for an Oscar. I don't see why they wouldn't be, it's not like they're nominating em for Best acting or Best Picture. Although, it WOULD be cool to see them nominated for Best Picture, just to see them walk the Red Carpet.

Daniel
  5. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Enchanted received three nominations for Best Song; I see no reason why we can't honor "Life's a Happy Song", "Pictures in My Head", AND "Man or Muppet" with nominations. C'mon, voters!
    Puckrox likes this.
  6. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Link Hogthrob should be nominated just for keeping his nose, like Barbara Streisand lol
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

So did Beauty and the Beast. The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Princess and the Frog each got two nominations for original songs. To say that The Muppets will garner two or more would not be an outrageous statement by any means. If anything, it would be predicting what will most likely happen.
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

That's my guess and hope. I don't see the Oscars as any sort of official stamp of approval on what is the best and what isn't - they work best as pageantry. But I would just really love to see these songs get some well-earned love.
  9. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

If they wanted an Oscar, then they could have negoationed with Sesame Workshop to loan him for the movie...:grouchy:
    KermieBaby47 and Cindy like this.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I would LOVE for the movie to win an Oscar!! Just what the Muppets need.

Speaking of that, I hope Diz will license a Muppet from Sesame for a quick cameo in the next movie just for old-times' sake. :)
    Enginerd, ZeppoAndFriends and Cindy like this.
  11. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I would totally love the movie to win an Oscar or just be nominated for anything! They say the Golden Globes nominations are usually about the same as what the AMPAS nominates too (sometimes). Unfortunely, The Muppets got snubbed by the Globes this year! SUCKS! Hopefully the Oscars will do them justice and nominate them for something. "Life's a Happy Song" is brilliant.
  12. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I don't think it's ridiculous to think the Muppets are going to get at least one nomination for best song at the Oscars. I think "Life's A Happy Song" is a shoo in for a nom. It'd be great if "Pictures in My Head" and "Man or Muppet" got their due as well. They're all such great songs.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Oscar the grouch with the Muppets!