Segments with more than one teaching subject

Reaction score
Several SS segments showed more than one teaching of common subjects of their standards. Parentheses indicate those subjects taught. Here are at least four that I remember:

Film - A boy counts four ice cream cones, then calls out "Help!" (counting to four and the word "help")
Muppet - Grover gets crammed in by rowdy monsters in a phone booth. (the word "telephone" and the opposites "empty and full")
Animation - Making of an octagon and the word stop appears with the narrator yelling out that word (self-explanitory)
Street Segment - From 1982, Oscar builds an elevator in his trash can which is extremely slow. When Oscar sets the speed up, it swiftly catapults him out of his can as he screams "Up!" and as he falls back in "Down!" (the opposites "up and down" and "fast and slow")

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would argue the Grover sketch isn't about the word TELEPHONE; there's no particular emphasis on the word like they have on empty and full (they would've thrown in an insert shot of the word on the booth).

Reaction score
I would argue the Grover sketch isn't about the word TELEPHONE; there's no particular emphasis on the word like they have on empty and full (they would've thrown in an insert shot of the word on the booth).
So the word TELEPHONE did not appear on top of the booth, is that what you're saying? If so, I forgot about that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So the word TELEPHONE did not appear on top of the booth, is that what you're saying? If so, I forgot about that.
No, it did. The word just wasn't the focus (they would've gotten a close-up of the word to stress it better).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Various segments that teach multiple letters and/or numbers counts.

For instance:
  • Ernie holding the letter P, while Lefty holds an R.
  • Ernie trying to tell a story about the number 12, which changes into a 21, so Ernie tries to tell a story about 21, but it changes back.
  • Herbert Birdsfoot tries to talk about the letter M, which turns upside-down into a W, and reverts to an M when Herbert changes the subject to W.
  • Kermit's lecture on the letter Z also teaches N, as the Z turns to its side to be an N.
  • The Count on Beat the Time.... It teaches counting to 20 AND the concept of two (more or less), as well as things that come from the sky.

As a matter of fact, pretty much all of the Beat the Time segments teach multiple subjects.
  • The one with Cookie Monster teaches the number three and rhyming the word "rain".
  • The one with Grover teaches counting to five and items that have milk.
  • The one with Elmo teaches three and SN words.

A few more multiple-subject segments:
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Gone with the Wind teaches about wind and the concept of subtraction.
  • The Monster's Three Wishes teaches the number three, the concept of "big, bigger, and biggest", and as mentioned on Muppet Wiki, that if you keep coming up with wishes for what you really want, you might not actually get what you really want to wish for.
  • The segment where Ernie counts to ten really slowly ends with a lesson on the alphabet (though I don't think he gets past the whole alphabet... I've seen the uncut version but can't remember).