1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Seller Feedback

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by The Count, May 13, 2005.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi, thought this might be a good idea given all the dealing and wheeling done here on the boards amongst forum members. There's a similar thread over at the Palisades Toys forum, and it's a pretty good indicator of who's done good deals in the past, so they can be trusted for potential future deals as either buyers or sellers.

Here, I'll start off.
    Number of stars indicates number of deals done.

Good Seller:
    MuppetDude *
    Blinky_Fish ***
    Justin Faulknor ****
    Oh, and can we please make this thread another sticky thread Phillip? Thanks and hope this provides a much-needed service to all the traders on the boards.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Collectmuppets is a wonderful seller! I bought from a him a Region 1 & 4 DVD of The Muppet Christmas Carol...in WIDESCREEN! Just finished watching it a few minutes ago, so cool!

Anyway, I definitely recommend him as a seller to everyone.

P.S. Great idea Count!

:)
    Anthony
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hi all! Am I the only one benefitting from this thread? Hee-hee.

Anyway, just wanted to leave some great feedback for David, a.k.a. KermiClown. Got my copy of The Muppets Family Christmas today, and it's great!

Thanks!
    Anthony :)
  4. amiki chan

amiki chan Member

I want to say that KermiClown is amazing! I got my copy of a Muppet Family Christmas today and it looks so good!! I finally got to see it uncut after all these years :excited: You're the best! :)
  5. The Count

Bad Seller Alert.

Hey guys... This is an alert to all who might be reading this thread.

Do not trust Andrew Turppa, known as Scooter101. Did a deal with him in early May of 2005, but he has yet to respond to my messages nor has he sent me the tapes bought in our deal.
    Seems he's been conducting some spotty business with other forum members.
    So, if he contacts you for a potential deal, try to find some alternative method of getting what it is you're discussing in the deal. Find someone else or another vendor who's willing to negotiate for the goods you want.
    Just trying to help others avoid what I went through with this guy.

Hope this helps and have a good day.
  6. The Count

Hi guys. Just wanted to send a shout out to kuzeh. We finalized a deal recently, he informed me he received the merchandise within a week of being shipped.

Recommend kuzeh as a good seller, rully helped with communications to speed along the deal and it all worked out in the end.
    Good trader, hope you guys find others who are great dealers here on the boards.

And remember to use this thread to alert others of who's a good or bad seller/trader/dealer.
    Have a great weekend.
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hmmm... coulda' sworn I posted in here, but I'm gonna' repeat what amiki chan and KermieBaby47 have already said and give loud props to Kermiclown as bein' the greatest trader and a stand-up guy as well.

I'd also like to support Count and MuppetDude by recomending this thread be made a sticky.
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Phillip Chapman is an awesome person to deal with!! My figures got here fast and in perfect condition! And our transaction were easy and fun I think! Thanks Phillip!

Phillip gets a 5/5 from me! :)
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I also had a recent trade with Phillip Chapman and it was great! The first online trade I have ever made. All of my figures arrived in superb condition. Probably one of the real honest sellers anywhere. You can't go wrong when dealing with him. I give him 5/5 as well. Thank you, Phil, for your honest and prompt business. It took only a little after a week for my figures to arrive after sending my check.
  10. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I'd like to leave a positive feedback for Phil. Got the Deadly yesterday and I am very happy with it. Thanks Phil!
  11. The Count

Hey Fozzie... When did you end up paying Phillip? Did he send you some sort of message with the tracking number or something like that?
    Just wondering and hoping, maybe my items have already been sent in the mail. Still waiting with nary a word, would like to be assured it's coming though.
    Oh well, glad you had a good transaction with Phillip.
  12. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I sent him a check a while ago. I got the Deadly yesterday like I said. I guess it just took a little while since it was Christmas.
  13. The Count

OK, thanks. Paid him off for the figures I bought a bit before Christmas too. Guess he hasn't checked the boards lately.
    Oh well, I hope the items are on their way.
  14. fatblue

fatblue New Member

I also want to give props to another good seller, Rosewood, she was very professional and fast in service. I recieved two very good quality DVDs from her, I definitely recommend her to any of you interested in obtaining older SS episdoes.
  15. furryfella

furryfella New Member

ITA with Fatblue! Rosewood also sent me a great Dvd of classie Seasme street!!
  16. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

Thanks Guys! Just to clarify one thing, though......

I really appreciate the good words. Thanks guys! But just to clarify one thing for people who may be reading this: I don't actually "sell" per-say, I just trade. For people who don't have anything to trade, I accept empty discs as payment, but never $$$.:)
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Just leaving possitive feedback for wes, he sent me a MFC VHS and it got here in perfect condition! 2 thumbs up wes! :)
  18. The Count

Hi guys... Props go to da' man, Phillip Chap-Man.
    Rubber chicken, boomerang fish bucket, desk lamp, microphone stand... Well, maybe not the microphone stand.
    *Inside joke.

Minor glitches, easily overlooked. Great experience and I sincerely hope everybody who decides to conduct business deals with Phillip has as vonderful an experience as I have.
  19. The Count

OK... Well... Here's the list of people I wanna send shouts out to as good sellers...
    And of course, my rating system...

Palisades Collector's Club: 13 positive transactions.
    Black * with ghostly green glow around it.

Forum Deals: 8 positive transactions.
    Pink star.
    BigHeadMedia.
    jmurray3.
    MiniVenom.
    Shooter Johnson.
    Tekwych.
    TheDonster.
    white tux hank.
    WOMAN! WOMAN!.
    All of these were done when the PT boars were more active than now, if the
    Online Deals: 6 positive transactions.
    Orange star.
    Four of these were with OMG for their Muppet exclusives, another with Toy Rocket for all three Lips variants, and the last was with Killer Toys for the
    Backstage playset.

Boober_Gorg: 5 positive deals.
    Red star, Muppet Central member not sure if you guys know him and his extensive SS video library.

Justin Faulknor: 4 positive deals.
    Violet star, nothing but praise for my cold Canadian comrade. Gotta see about continuing the VCD library later in the year.

Forum Deals: 4 positive transactions, these are the ones I actually have receipts stored in my online accounts.
    Violet star.
    TheRealJohn.
    jaap.
    Phillip Chapman.
    oznowicz.

Blinky_Fish: 3 positive deals.
    Green star.
    Uncleduke: 3 positive deals, at least when he was still in business.
    Green Star.

Dust: 2 positive deals.
    Blue Star.

ResidentLilly Ebay Auctions: 3 great deals.
    Silver star.

And then I got an electron outline star for the remaining 5 deals I've done to build up the ol' Muppet collection via winning auctions on eBay.

Got a few others in the works, we'll see what happens.
    Hope this helps, have a good day.
  20. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I got my first bad trade with Barry Lee (who told me that he will not be trading anything anymore). Believe it or not, it was a year ago when I sent him stuff. (I was pretty darn determined to get the stuff from him; he had the 30th anniversary special and "Julie on SS"!)

He offered me:

TimePiece
    The Frog Prince
    The Muppets Go Hollywood
    Of Muppets and Men
    The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
    Sesame Street: 20 Years and Counting
    The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson
    Big Bird's Birthday Bash

Then:

Julie on Sesame Street
    Muppets on Puppets
    Stars and Street Forever
    Big Bird's Birthday
    The Muppets Go Hollywood
    Some Muppet PSA's

Then he broke the news to me yesterday that he won't trade anymore, so now I sent him 7 hours worth of stuff with nothing in return.

Yet, I still consider him one of my good friends. He's a good guy, but this trade has got me really upset. So I'm confused. What should I make of it?