Selling Wilkins and Wontkins puppets

bigbluedoghouse

Reaction score
I have a set of wilkins and wontkins puppets that I acquired when I was small. The are a little dirty but I am afraid to clean them. No tears and wilkins has very minor chipped paint on lip, Besides that they are in very good condition. any one interested??

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sounds cool!! How much are you planning to sell them for?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
WOW! Are you still selling them? I would love to buy them.

bigbluedoghouse

Reaction score
I have a set of wilkins and wontkins puppets that I acquired when I was small. The are a little dirty but I am afraid to clean them. No tears and wilkins has very minor chipped paint on lip, Besides that they are in very good condition. any one interested??
My problem is that I don't know how to establish there price

Quazimoto

Reaction score
O don't know how to establish a price
Obviously, something as rare as these won't have much of a sales history. Seeing as how there's several folks on this board who would be interested in purchasing them, your best bet would be to take some good pictures and put them up on eBay (or some other well known auction site). Judging by the interest shown here, there's bound to be several other people who would be interested that don't frequent Muppet Central Forum. First thing to do would be to figure out what the lowest price you'd be comfortable selling them for and possibly set a reserve price at that point. I don't often recommend reserve prices as they do have a habit of scaring off some potential buyers. However, in this case (not having a track record of similar sales to judge by), I think setting a reserve that you're comfortable with would be a good idea.

I could throw out a number based on past sales of other rare Jim Henson and henson related puppets and plushes, but ultimately, I'd be just an semi-educated guess on my part. You've got rarity, brand name, cult popularity, and Jim Henson relation going for you and only the slight condition issues and fact that while they are Jim Henson related, they aren't The Muppets that everyone knows of going against you. Like I said, I (or anyone else) could throw out a number, but it would only be a guess without a similar sales history to judge by.

Basically, it's all kind of up to you.

Wish I cold help more.