Senator Paul Wellstone dies in plane crash

Waldorf

Reaction score
I would just like to extend my condolences to the family and friends of Senator Wellstone. As a resident of Minnesota, I am feeling a great sadness even more so. I just wanted to put this up as a sign of respect to and grief for Senator Wellstone.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
That's a nice gesture, Waldorf. On the same note, I'd also like to extend my condolances to the family of British actor Richard Harris. Harris, who recently portrayed wizard Albus Dumbledore in the two Harry Potter movies, passed away today of complications due to Hodgkin's disease.

-Kim

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
That's a nice gesture, Waldorf. On the same note, I'd also like to extend my condolances to the family of British actor Richard Harris. Harris, who recently portrayed wizard Albus Dumbledore in the two Harry Potter movies, passed away today of complications due to Hodgkin's disease.

-Kim
My little brother was quite confused by this - he thought that the Professor Dumbledore had died and there would be no more Harry Potter.

RIP Richard Harris

kansasteen14

Reaction score
both are very sad. That is terrible news I feel sorry for all family and friends. Also what happens when the senator passes away? who replaces them? I am truly not trying to be insensitive just curious.

Waldorf

Reaction score
Well, in this case, it is not as bad as it could have been, if that is at all possible. The late senator was up for re-election on Nov. 5, so we here in MN just have to wait until the election is certified on Nov. 19 to get a new senator. Otherwise, if it were a longer span of time, governors can appoint a senator to serve out the remainder of the dead senator's term. Hope that helps.:smile: