1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

September 24: Celebrating Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As Muppet fans know, September 24 is a special day in Muppet history. Not only is it Jim Henson's birthday (he would've been 79 today), it is also Steve Whitmire's birthday who would take over for Jim Henson as Kermit the Frog beginning in 1990. In honor of these two wonderful men, celebrate life and the people who've made a difference in yours.

In honor of Jim, we're playing Jim Henson's most beloved songs on Muppet Central Radio on Live365.

Join us today in celebrating Jim and Steve and their legacy that will live on for generations.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Was already planning on celebrating today in Jim's honor by tuning in to MCR to listen to Muppet music. And I'm even more pleased to find it a Jim/Steve-thon in terms of the characters and songs featured, much as I enjoy each year's Jerry-thon tribute. Thanks for this Phil, keep up the good work.
    :jim: :) :sympathy:

3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I decided to celebrate the occasion by spending the day on the beach- I remembered reading in Jim's biography how there were times where he just wanted to enjoy nature. So I went out by myself and thought of Jim the entire time.
    Once I got home, I watched 'The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson' and everything onwards to reestablish why Steve is my favorite performer.

Today has come to mean a lot to me for so many reasons. Mostly because it's the day that two tall and lanky men came to this world with the ability to make it a better place just by bringing a little frog to life!

FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  4. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

HAPPY FROG DAY!!! :):):) Sorry I'm late, but I celebrated this occasion by checking out The Center for Puppetry Arts with Debbie & her grandkids. Future home of the Henson Wing, it's not just the front anymore that's changing as of late. Nearly every section's getting a makeover! Atriums, downstairs, gift shop--It's getting a little tight with more enclosed areas and walking Doozers. :busy: But as the old saying goes: The Show Must Go On! We got to see a showing of Peter Pan, and worked on our own homemade puppets in the workshop. What better way is there to celebrate two B-day puppeteers? FROG DAY!! POST RIBBITS :)!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  5. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

I CAN POST AS MUCH FROG SMILIES AS I CAN! :):):):):)

6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jim and Steve!!!!

[​IMG]

ploobis likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Kermit !:):sympathy::D:hungry::sleep::news::drool::coy::jim::p

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Steve and Jim!