September 24 should be International "Kermit Day"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just got this idea while reading one of @JimAndFrank 's posts on another thread. We all know Jim Henson's birthday is September 24, but what you might not know is, Kermit's other performer, Steve Whitmire shares a birthday with Jim.
So, since both of the Kermits birthdays are on the same day, I thought every year we could celebrate our own special holiday, "Kermit Day".

You can celebrate by sharing our favorite Kermit moments from commercials, TV, movies, books, comic books, favorite fan art. You can even celebrate by making your own fan art.

So I would like to be the first to wish you all a happy early Kermit Day!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I just got this idea while reading one of @JimAndFrank 's posts on another thread. We all know Jim Henson's birthday is September 24, but what you might not know is, Kermit's other performer, Steve Whitmire shares a birthday with Jim.
So, since both of the Kermits birthdays are on the same day, I thought every year we could celebrate our own special holiday, "Kermit Day".

You can celebrate by sharing our favorite Kermit moments from commercials, TV, movies, books, comic books, favorite fan art. You can even celebrate by making your own fan art.

So I would like to be the first to wish you all a happy early Kermit Day!

I actually pitched the whole International Kermit Day thing on Twitter a couple of days ago.

Personally, I'm having a full-on Muppet night with a friend, with heaps of Muppet-themed food. I'll be wearing my usual Kermit get up. It's gonna be a heap of fun!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Personally, I'm having a full-on Muppet night with a friend, with heaps of Muppet-themed food. I'll be wearing my usual Kermit get up. It's gonna be a heap of fun!
Sounds awesome. My family and I had originally planned to go on a camping trip this weekend but we had to cancel. Since they wanted something fun to do, I plan to pitch this idea to them and hopefully they'll go for it. It's gonna be a little hard to convince my mom to watch a Muppet movie, but we'll see what happens.