Sequels You Like More Than The First?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some sequels I like better than the first:
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
  • Back to the Future Part 2 (I think most fans like this one better than the first, though TV Tropes mentions the first under the "First Installment Wins" page)
  • National Lampoon's European Vacation
  • The Empire Strikes Back (another one I think most fans like better than the first)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
  • Spider-man 2 (and I like Spider-man 3 better than 2)
  • Batman Returns (and I also like Batman Forever as much as Returns)
  • Look Who's Talking Now (I recently saw the first one again for the first time in years, and while a good movie, the first is kinda weak)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people in the world who likes Empire Strikes Back but can't understand why people think it's better than New Hope. ::shrugs::

I admit, I really like Look Who's Talking, lol. Wasn't that interested in the sequels.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I can't say I even enjoy the second TMNT movie nearly as much as the first, I'm one of the few people out there that believes the third one is better. The second one tries to be the cartoon in the wrong ways. I mean, Tokka and Rahzer were pretty cool, but the tone of the movie was far too cartoonish. Worst of all, NO Casey Jones. The third film is better just for the fact Casey is in it. Really hated the generic Kung Fu guy that replaced him in the second movie. And the third movie does feel inspired by Tales of TMNT (the side comic with weirder stories). As for the fourth one, I think it's almost as good as the first, and blows the two sequels out of the water. It's completely Tales of the TMNT-esque. Too bad there was never a follow up film. But considering what the studio wanted, it would be Secret of the Ooze all over again.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Mad Max 2 was also a lot better than the first. Not only did it better explain why Australia fell into ruins the way it did, the editing felt a lot less haphazard, making things easier to follow.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I liked High School Musical 2 and 3 a LOT better than I liked the first.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you're talking about video games:

Super Mario Bros 1< virtually Every other Mario game there is. I NEVER really liked that game, other than the fact it came free with the NES. I know the whole bit about it being the big groundbreaking thing it was. But once that ground was broken, they did soooo much better with it. Mario 3 and World especially...

And on that subject I really don't care much for the First Mega Man game. No passwords, no E-tanks... the Guts weapon sucks. And Iceman's stage's music is awful. Give me all the other ones in the series over that one. They're much more fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, STUART LITTLE 2 (never saw that third one, but the animation looked scary)
Speak of the devil, STUART LITTLE 3 was on Cartoon Network the other night... I was right, that is some of the most terrifying animation I have ever seen!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm one of the few people in the world who likes Empire Strikes Back but can't understand why people think it's better than New Hope. ::shrugs::

I admit, I really like Look Who's Talking, lol. Wasn't that interested in the sequels.
Probably for YODA!