1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Series 1 Arrives: When and Where

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Well, I don't understand much about distributors but we have some Toys'R Us stores in Portugal...

When you say that you don't have a Portuguese distributor does that include the Toys'R Us stores?

Thank you...
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I believe currently the figures are only available in Toys R US Stores in the United States and Canada.
  3. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Only in USA?

Oh man...

I can't believe it... I adore the Muppets and nothing could make me more happy than to have these Figures... I was all excited with the pictures and the reviews and now I find out that I will never touch them... I won't even see them!

It's not fair! :(

Really!!! I mean... Maybe you don't understand why I am feeling this way but there is not any chance for me to get them if they are not coming to Portugal...

I have never felt so sad or dissapointed! :(
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Don't fret. I suggest you contact Palisades directly at KLilly@palisadestoys.com

There is a collectors club currently along with an online store that [may] be able to help you. That company sure goes out of their way to make the fans happy.

Hope it helps.
  5. Lorde Pompeo

Lorde Pompeo New Member

Thank you, FrogBoy...

I guess I will contact them... I can't make the difference but if I gather a group of Portuguese people, maybe we could try to make some pressure and talk to some local stores or something...

I don't think that would help much but I will do anything that I can to bring the Figures to Portugal...

Thank you for your help...
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

No problem. Ask about the collectors club as well. There may still be time for you to join it and that could help.
  7. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

TRU.COM

My Tuxedo Kermit arrived today from Toys R Us Dot Com......
    Yaaaaaaaay!
    Paintjob looks great to me!
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Should get mine tomorrow. Already have one, but this one will stay MOC. I just couldn't help myself from checking in the actual store. Last time I order from TRU.com. I grossly overpaid for shipping - 2nd day Fed Ex - when that point is completely moot. It was in the store! Eeek! EB, on the other hand, they rock. Even if they don't know when the Beaker will come out. That part just got mixed up for various reasons.

I think TRU hasn't taken the Palisade's line seriously enough. Too many reports of the figures being off to the side or hard to find in their stores, lengthy delays of in-stock items online and rampant ignorance in the stores themselves. Just left a bitter taste with me. They say that when someone visits a shop or site the most important thing is how they make the customer feel. TRU has always made me feel alienated - even as a kid. Just a thought. My local EB has given me some difficulties, but their online store was really good.
  9. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

It is funny, we had completely opposite experiences. Of course my neighbor is the manager at the local TRU, so I got a good deal. I knew the day before they were arriving that they'd be there.
    I still have NEVER seen a single Muppet figure in an EB store! Plus I had to help a fellow board member get the EB figures he already paid for! He gets all the regs except the Bunson tomorrow.

I have no faith at all in EB, and hope the Gonzo exclusive goes to another retailer. Maybe then I won't have to make such an effort to get one.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Really? Very interesting. In my personal experience - I bought the Tux Kermit at a TRU store over three weeks ago and TRU/Amazon just sent the figure I ordered months ago. I'm out a lot of cash for the "quick" shipping too. Disappointing. The Tux Kermits were all the TRU store had too - and they were kind of hard to find at first.

My local EB really blew the deal with me, but from the sound of most expeirences (except for the one you mentioned) people have done well with the stores. My local EB wouldn't let me pre-order or pre-pay and they wouldn't even tell me when exactly their shipments came in. When I kept calling and the day they finally came in they were sold out. They just made it an impossible situation for me. They are kind of out of the way too. The site rocked though they shipped each item seperately inflating costs. Very weird.

I bought some form my local Sam Goody. Now they totally rock. Okay, they were a dollar more each, but I'll pay that to avoid all the drama. Very nice people there!

Just what happened to one frogboy, but it's an interesting test to see quality control of chain stores.
  11. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I forgot to mention I used three different online coupons when I bought the Tux Kermit, so I only paid like $3 plus the standard shipping.
    Then I complained so much about the delay (Ken will vouch for me being a whiny little so-and-so) that they upgraded my shipping for free!

Long story short---
    I paid about $7 for the Kermit, He's here, I'm Happy.
  12. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Labs Playset?

Has anyone in the US found the Lab playset yet?
  13. gringo

gringo New Member

Supposedly the Playset was found at a TRU in CA. I guess I am going to have to call around. :)

Mark
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

UncleDuke

That was me:D and thank you again very much! i will be getting Bunsen, he's just being shipped from a farther store.

yes i'm probaly the last to get the regular figs but i have had my EX Miss Piggys snice June 15 that i bought in the EB store that i had downpayments in. it the only one they are getting, and i got kermit and the kermit tux fig for my garduation in the last week of june.

i found out that this particular EB store is trying to get out of the toy bis and just sell video games and computer software and stuff. the store is pretty small with what other types of figs they have in a small part inthe back runing up to the celling, so this is the reason why, the DM of the store said the there is and EB kids store and they should carry the figs from now on. idon't think this is all EB store but it maybe something to look into for the Gonzo EX fig, but it is the store that buys them.

Zack)Rowlf the, so i'm just waiting for bunsen and the beaker muppet lab now,Dog.
  15. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

muppet labs!!!!!!!!!

heres the news you've all been waiting for!! i have the playset!! it's just awesome. thank you to all at palisades. i found it right across the street at toys r us. i don't know whats wrong with them but they still are not promoting this stuff. while i was walking around with mine 2 or 3 people asked where i found it.
  16. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

As of last week i got my Bunsen Honeydew, so i'm up with the gang now and should get the lab in a week or two. i don't think i'll trust EB again.

Zack)Rowlf the, but they did get the EX miss Piggy, so maybe the EX Gonzo i will go for,Dog.