1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Series 2 Arrives: When and Where

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Oct 22, 2002.

1. gaffercat New Member

now ebgames has the figs back on the web site saying they wont ship till the 15th of dec, why so long if other stores in the US already have them? maybe palisades needs a new shipping company to get these things to the retailers faster, all i know is this is the last time i ever do business with ebgames
  2. uncleduke New Member

Oh, EB Games Sucks so amazingly bad it aint even funny!
    The one near me never even got series one!
  3. ResidentLilly Active Member

EB picks up their product in China, direct. We do not ship items to them after arrival in the states. It is up to EB to get them to the US their own way. It is technically called an "FOB" order.
  4. Crazy Harry New Member

You got it for WHAT?

:mad: :mad: :mad:
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well...guess what! EBX sucks...well..a little. No Series 2 yet, and they had only 3 Piggys left. I spent my reserved "Crazy Harry" money on a two for one sale and picked up Cletus the slack jawed yokel and Dr. Julius Hibbert.

One comic store says he didn't even order series 2 because series one didn't sell good (I happen to know this guy, and he's a good guy and all, but I wanted to smack him on the back of his head, you know). All he had left was one Piggy and a mess of Simpsons figures.

Well, I won't be surprised if EB shelves them Dec 15 3009!!!
  6. Crazy Harry New Member

It's sad really. The EB near where I live had series 1 in one day before the date posted on their site (at least after they finnaly pushing the date back).
  7. Walker Boh New Member

What does FOB stand for?
  8. simon42 New Member

As a lawyer, I actually know this! It stands for Free on Board. It's used to designate at what point the seller's responsibility to deliver the goods ends. Like FOB Atlanta would mean the seller bears responsibility for making sure the items arrive safely in Atlanta -- after that point, risk of loss is on the buyer.
  9. ResidentLilly Active Member

Is it Free and not Freight? I would have bet money on Freight.

You want my job?
  10. simon42 New Member

Yep, it's actually "free." I looked it up in Black's Law Dictionary just to be sure. I agree that "freight" would make more sense though.
  11. CheckChuck New Member

Amazon Coupons

Amazon apparently has some figures in now. Unfortunately, Amazon always takes a really long time to ship out when you order (in my experience).

However, here are some coupons:

NEW $10 off $50 @ Amazon.ca (Expires 12/25/02)
    (Use CANADAREWARD - promotional coupon)

NEW $10 off $50 @ Amazon.ca (Expires 12/31/02)
    (Use CANADATELUSM - promotional coupon)

NEW $5 off $35 @ Amazon.ca (Expires 12/31/02)
    (Use CANADAEVENTS - promotional coupon)

$5 off $35 @ Amazon.ca (Expires 8/31/03)
    (Use CANADASKY535 - promotional coupon)

:)
  12. Walker Boh New Member

Re: Amazon Coupons

Strange ... they haven't put up Floyd yet. Maybe they're trying to figure out why he has two different outfits. ;)
  13. Gonzo Active Member

Chuck,

Are those coupons only good for Canada? Their titles and that they're through Amazon.CA would seem to indicate that....

Quinnnnnn
  14. CheckChuck New Member

oh...

there is a temporary loophole at Amazon.ca (Amazon.com’s Canadian store) where when you combine the coupons with the currency exchange, you can as much as 70% off list price. This loophole will not last forever.

Prices significantly cheaper than Amazon.com because your US dollar is worth $1.58 in Canada.
  15. gringo New Member

Amazon Canada does not seem to have the Muppet figures.

Mark
  16. CheckChuck New Member

sorry

shoot..i'm sorry. i knew of a website that frequently posts amazon coupons, but they had these .ca coupons up instead of .com coupons....

the deal works really well for cd's and dvd's, etc. though...

sorry to mislead and misexcite.

:)
  17. gringo New Member

It's all good. That is a great deal for CD's and DVD's though. Might help w/ Xmas shopping.
  18. The Count Moderator

Hey Phil and all who's concerned: Talked to my local EBX rep. this afternoon and he told me the following:
    "Due to a computer foul-up, the four regular figures, Floyd repaint, and the S2 playset will arrive at the store on December 2. The EBX exclusive Gonzo variant figure will arrive on December 17." I'll update you all as soon as the figures arrive, if they arrive on time this time.
  19. Luke Active Member

I'd like to know more about their computer foul up - unless the sales rep just thought it was a computer foul up because the last date was wrong. It doesn't sound right to me because if there was a computer foul up then why would the Gonzo exclusive have been moved back too - he ships seperately. If you look at all the other stores and things some places in the states are getting theres so maybe EBX and TRU might actually get their figures a bit sooner.
  20. gringo New Member

I suckered in and order the 3 figures that Amazon has available. I ordered them last night, and they already shipped. I called my local TRU and their local warehouse (WA, OR, N. CA) has not received them item yet, which typically means the earliest would be 2 weeks out. I have been anxiously waiting these figures for so long, I broke down. Should get them in a couple days. Woo-Hoo!

Mark