1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Series 2 has landed!!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Hairfarmer, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Hairfarmer

Hairfarmer New Member

Hey everybody,
    I just went over to the Palisades site to check out the Daily Bit and saw that the Palisades Forum is up and running. According to the moderator Series 2 has been delivered to the LA warehouse! So, Ken what kind of ship date are we looking at now?
    J~
  2. fitz3641

fitz3641 New Member

In that post Mike Horn says that they are shipping to retailers now...so it shouldn't be too long now -- yahoo!
  3. Walker Boh

Walker Boh New Member

I called my Toys-R-Us today and the guy I spoke with said they were expecting to get them in on Tuesday next week. I'll check next week to see if he was knew what he was talking about ...
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I think that Ken Lilly (the Man!) said that they will shelve about Mid November at the latest. I wonder if Animal will Ship with the others, or if he'll be delayed like Beaker.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Oooh Palisades has a message board - very nice !
  6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

WAH-HOO!!!
  7. Drtooth

AND I HAVEN'T FINISHED COLLECTING SERIES 1 YET!!!
  8. BigSPEEGS

BigSPEEGS New Member

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP!!!!

This news is so incredibly exciting... and I only have 15 bucks! :)

As for Animal, he shipped with the others. The only reason Beaker was delayed is because they got the sculpt so horribly wrong back @ the factory originally.

-SPEEGS
  9. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Yeah...start your engines...it's gonna be soon. Couple of weeks tops. Can't TELL you how relieved I will be to get them on the shelf. This particular line is something I want out there on a personal note because I really believe that the first series fell short of what I wanted and Series 2 lives up to what I want out of these figures more than the first series did. From a design perspective that is. Just want them OUT already!!!

And yes...the playset will be RIGHT on the heels of the figs...no appreciable delay on the playset this time out.
  10. brightgreenpupi

brightgreenpupi New Member

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

How's that for a "first" post?

Hi, I'm a newbie . . . .

('.')
  11. grail

grail New Member

short and straight to the point...an excellent first post indeed.

welcome to the party!
  12. Drtooth

I'm going to see about trying to get a Muppet Labs today! Hate when I put this kind of thing off till the last stinkin' minute!

BTW, Ken...you REALLY beat yourself up in these kinds of posts, don't you! Maybe you should change your screan name to Don Music!

"Oh! I'll never get this action figure right! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!"

(BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG...)

Man, like Playmates could do any better? I like the Simpsons and all, but your company could SOOOO do a better job! :cool:
  13. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Not hard on myself at all. Facts are facts. 2 is better than 1. And I usually feel that way about ANY line I have worked on that has gone to a second series. Just like the pilot of a TV show...it usually is nowhere near as good as the show itself. You gotta get yer feet wet before you can swim.
  14. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

this is great news!!! Awesome!!!
  15. Satcapricorn

Satcapricorn New Member

16. Hairfarmer

Hairfarmer New Member

Yep, Nothing like actually *doing* something to figure out what works and what doesn't. So far I'd say you're doing great with these though. Can't wait to see them get even better.
    J~
  17. zachatack

zachatack New Member

Yeah, usually things improve with age, and figure lines are the same. But who can hold a vintage Luke or Obi-Wan in their hands and not think it is just "awesome"
  18. BAZ

BAZ New Member

All right! Series 2 should be in store in the next couple of weeks. That means thay should make here to Nebraska in about..oh...mid March.

Thank goodness for on line ordering.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Series 2 should get here to Puerto Rico around November 15 just in time for Sesame's 33rd Anniversary. I'll probably preorder the figures I want and keep bugging the store rep. until they get here. The benefit of ordering/getting the figures around mid-November is that I can get my family to chaulk up the purchase towards my birthday in December which is close to Christmas. While I wait I'm implementing a 26-character countdown, just enough to fit in a complete alphabet cast to calm down until new additions to the cast of figures finally end up in my hands. More news on the countdown in the coming days.
  20. Drtooth

I know what you mean, Ken! I've gotta say that when Series one came out I was so impressed, and I was practically down on my knees after seeing them! They were sooo incredable. After actually getting the Labs Saturday, I was wondering how much better you can do! I mean, the fact that we can actually see the character's texture, the way you handel the line for serious collectors and not kinda crummy like most other toy companies.

If any other company was handling this line, they'd just make Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, and maybe Fozzie, and just give up shortly after that!

Plus, I agree with what you say. I mean, Series one was great, no question, but you learn new tricks, and you have less problems to fqace with every passing series!