1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Series 2 packaged pics!

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Aerosmith, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting these. It's great to see rare characters like Floyd and Crazy Harry in their packages.
  3. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

No Problemo! :)
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

hey those are great! so it looks lke the stage has had an uplift in the back, nice photo shots of the muppets.

this brings up a question is the floyd fig blad at the top? floyd is not blad but in this shot it looks like he is.

i mean if its so his hat will fit on, i wouldn't want this for janice;-)

Zack)Rowlf the, maybe he's not bald, i can't really see in that photo,Dog.
  5. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

i..........i think i'm gonna cry:( .ya see action figure.com takes an hour to load on my pc,and another hour just to see a pic.well now i gotta wait till they come out unless somebody else shows em.(palisades definetly will)
  6. dr. gorry

dr. gorry New Member

wahoooooooooooooooooo!they showed up!decently fast too!sweet pics!thanks for direct linking,saved me a ton of time.
  7. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I have to ask. Is this the 'wild hair Animal' I keep hearing about?
  8. MaxGoof

MaxGoof New Member

Those look SWEET! I want them all... NOW! Gimme, gimme, gimme, Palisades! :D

BTW: Is it really "Gonzo the Great"? All these years I thought it was "The Great Gonzo"...
  9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Both names are correct.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fantastic Pics!

These pics are awesome! And the packaging - wow!
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

I agree, these look lovley - and how wierd to see these characters on the cards when we've been used to seeing the wave one people for so long now - wow !

The band playset looks super cool - it would have been ten times cooler if that neon 'Dr Teeth' sign in the center could have been made to light up so shame that didn't happen.
  12. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

From what I heard, they auctioned the set of four off and it came to 115 as the winning bid. And a member of the SCS won one of two EM sets.
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

$115 ? Is that good ? I would have thought a set of four protoypes from a not yet released series to go for a lot more, but then they were just final carded examples weren't they so i guess not a lot different. Still - you are getting the figures 3 months early !
  14. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

I dont' think that they were approved final releases, I believe that they were factory prototypes.
  15. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Every time someone posts a link to action-figure.com, I follow it and by the time it loads it says "Sorry, you cannot access this file directly." Well, by hitting Stop I solved that, but I still can't get the pictures to show.

Could someone just copy them and email them to me please?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  16. kane31666

kane31666 New Member

17. Luke

Luke Active Member

Really ? Well they should have sold for a LOT more then ! Someones gonna have a great time on Ebay with them i bet !
  18. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

Holey Guacamole Batman. $115.00 seems like a great price for that set of four figs. Ken said that those were a set of carded painted test shots, and I believe he said that all four pieces were tweaked here and there, so they are different from the final versions. That's about as close as you'll ever come to prototypes I'd imagine. I definitely would have bought that set.

Here, I went hunting for Ken's quote about the sample set.

"We are also auctioning off at the show four preview sets of unnaproved factory sets of carded Series 2 samples. We get these things called PPS samples that we sign off on or don't (we didn't with these, many changes to be made) and we are taking them to the show to auction off. One set each day. These are the unrevised samples, that don't have all the fixes on em quite yet...usually painted first shots, in the blister layouts for review and on the cards. Some people are into that stuff."
  19. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

They also auctioned off an Invisable Spray Fozzie prototype!
  20. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

So that would have been a larger than normal figure I'm guessing? Didn't Ken say they use 1.5 times the size figures for their prototypes? I can't remember the size exactly, but I think he said they don't use twice up size models.