Series 2 Sideshow Muppet Busts at 360 degrees!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
More Sideshow Muppet Busts at 360 degrees!

Sideshow Toys and Weta Collectibles have unveiled 360 views for the second series of Muppet busts (360 views for series one went on-line last month). Series 2 is also now available for pre-order at about $30 off the set. Series 2 includes Sam, Gonzo, and Statler & Waldorf. Series 1 includes Kermit, Rowlf, Beaker, and Bunsen.

Check out the new 360 views here!

Of series 2, I really like Sam and Gonzo. The details on Sam's feathers look amazing. Also compare the color of the prototype Sam thumbnail with the actual 360 view of the bust. Gonzo's jacket looks great. Love the trumpet pose as well recapturing the spirit of the opening theme.

What are your favorite busts so far? We'll be hearing more and more about these great busts as their release draws closer in the coming weeks.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think they might have over done it a little on Statler and Waldorf's humpbacks.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Rowlf is my favorite so far. The detail on his fur is amazing.

Joggy

Reaction score
Rowlf's my fave too! If those come to Europe I'm definitely gonna buy him!

matleo

Reaction score
I love the Rowlf sculpt most. I just think they really captured his personality. I think of it as being a real tribute to Jim and one of his first characters. I don't know why, but that's how I feel about it. It really is beautiful. I love the texture onit and the way the arms fall.

--Matt

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Rowlf is the one to buy! I like that scuplt as well. The price although higher for us Canadians... is still worth it. I am definately looking out for that one in the stores later next month!

giantpez

Reaction score
wow i love those, but i think that is to much money for me to spend. oh well, maybe some day i will get one.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
sigh

I want these busts so bad. If only I had, like, money. . .

But the action figures are at least in my price range!

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Just wondering...

I have the enormous privilege of living in a small island called Puerto Rico...(Yes...that island that Hollywood always use as a setting for Cuba).
There's only one big problem. I don't know where the busts will be available.
Does anyone knows where I can find them?

wolfy

Reaction score
My son purchases the "ToyFair" magazines, and in both the February and March issues they have a number of Muppet figures that can be purchased, plus they even show a limited edition of Kermit in a tuxedo and Piggy in a wedding dress that one of the people who work for Henson's company received just enough of for their wedding guests as gifts.

Boy, would I have loved to have been a guest at THAT wedding!

Right now I think the cutest thing that I can afford, since the busts are SO expensive, even though they are so wonderfully done, is the Swedish Chef with a complete kitchen playset. It will have 40 (that's right, count 'em, 40!) individual pieces that are removable (like pans, sausages, bags of flour, spoons and more) that your chef can cook with, and the kids can easily lose (so make sure they don't get 'hold of THIS one!)...

I love checking out my kid's "ToyFair" magazines...they always have such neat stuff in them, and since Muppets seem to be making such a large come-back for us baby-boomers (yes, we seem to be the ones who are demanding them the most), Palisades and other companies (which are pretty good, for the most part) are making all kinds of them. The great thing about "ToyFair" is that they rate and rank the best of the best in toys and figures, so they let you know if what you are going to buy is good or not...

So far, the busts have gotten great reviews and the Chef's kitchen set has a great two-page spread right inside the front cover of the current issue (March 2003). I think there is a Daredevil doll on the front of this magazine, if you are looking for it at the stores...

Thanks for this site! It's great to know there are others out there who love these critters as much as I do!
wolfy