Series 3 Reviews

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Yeah! We're critics! Respect us!

BTW Hairfarmer I LOVE your avatar...makes me crack up:big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
The eyebrows scare me li'l bit. At first I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
itsa good thing i have another payday coming up soon.

i had planned to just get zoot and scooter but the reviews and acclaim for rowlf & lew are just too great... my only problem is shelf space.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by Misfit Toy
Yeah! We're critics! Respect us!

BTW Hairfarmer I LOVE your avatar...makes me crack up:big_grin:
Thanks misfit. It was supposed to be a "Muppet" of me but it ended up looking more like a freakish charicature. Oh well, I just wanted a change, my UrAc sketch was getting old.
:smile:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Well, here's my thoughts:

Rowlf:
I'm absolutely in love with Rowlf. That piano is amazing and the fact we get the Beethoven Bust on top of that is a pure treat. The Tux works well. It's all around classy. This is the type of figure I want to buy all my friends and family because it's just so cool. I've heard the criticisms on his sculpt, but even comparing the pictures of the "real" Rowlf to the figure, he still looks like Rowlf to me.

Question: His articulated ears, do they just swivel, or do they lift? When someone (Beaker?) said they were articulated, I tried pulling and felt like I was just about to break it, but then realized that they swiveled so I could turn Rowlf's head.

Zoot:
I'd already won a prototype of him so was familiar with the figure and the painted version doesn't disappoint. He fits right in with the other members of the Mayhem. Unlike the prototype, this one has stiffer joints (which is a good thing) which allows me to pose him much better. I had some paint problems with both the regular and repaint. The regular has a big pink link on the brim of his hat, and the repaint's hair didn't get painted all the way up to his face on one side.

Lew:
Love the fish. Despite their size, their sculpting includes scales. The bucket is a nice touch as well. He's pretty much exactly as I expected him--which is good.

Scooter:
I've never been much of a Scooter fan, though sometimes these figures are so cool that I get converted upon opening the package. Here however, I didn't get won over, but he's still a really excellent figure. I have no problem with sculpting or size or anything really. He's got a lot of great accessories--more than anyone else in the batch. The paint on his jacket with the Muppet Show logo is great.

My only problem with Scooter other than what looked like some glue splotches on his shirt under his jackets, were his hands. I didn't notice until I'd pulled everything out that he's got two right hands. That's okay for my Dr. Teeth since he plays the piano, but it's not great for Scooter because it means he can only ever hold one of his multitude of accessories. The other hand is upside down or backwards and would just look too weird. Besides, it seems like his right hand doesn't want to hold most of his accessories, so I'm guessing his left is better suited for it.

So if anyone gets the Scooter with two left hands, PLEASE let me know and let's see if we can sort things out.

Overall:
Loved them all. All the joints seemed to work wonderfully. Other than Rowlfs ears, there's nothing that I felt I had to take caution with for fear of breaking. The biggest problem I could see glancing through the other figures from the case were the occasional paint problems--especially in the eyes. There were quite a few that had spots in the white areas of the eyes, which to me is one of the most important parts of the characters.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Question: His articulated ears, do they just swivel, or do they lift? When someone (Beaker?) said they were articulated, I tried pulling and felt like I was just about to break it, but then realized that they swiveled so I could turn Rowlf's head.
I don't have the final version yet, but on the prototype version they just swivel.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
Thanks misfit. It was supposed to be a "Muppet" of me but it ended up looking more like a freakish charicature. Oh well, I just wanted a change, my UrAc sketch was getting old.
:smile:
So you look like Tommy Chong in real life? :wink:

BaudGirl

Reaction score
I thought that looked more like Trey Anastasio from Phish.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Roundish nose, beard, glasses, hair with a mind of it's own... Yeah I guess I could look kind of like Chong or Trey. Of course 'Kash says I look like a wrestler!

:wink: