Series 8 Arrives: When and Where

Fozzie

Reaction score
caper said:
WHy do they always bump the figs??? It's so annoying!!

First they said Series 8 will be release on July 4, then it's July 14, and now it's on July 18. They did it with all the series in the past also.

They already have the figs so why are they prolonging their releases all the time?? Is there some kind of marketing strategy that i'm not aware of?
I assumne you mean places like ebgames.com. They don't have them in sotck and prolong their release. They just go bu whatever information the company gives them. ANd Palisades isn't at fault either. The release date is really determined by the country that ships them(which is China I believe). So if something goes wrong at the factory, it can delay shipping. So no one is really at fault.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I got my series 8 today but havent got them out yet. Might have to wait until my birthday this time. They look good though.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I got my series 8 from Killetoys.com

I am dissappointed in the quality of this series. ALL the figures are sticky somewhere. Phil's entire body is sticky from head to toe. Awful! They will pick up so much freaking dust. I hate holding the sticky figures. Marvin, Phil, and Scooter have shiny heads for some reason. Makes no sense. My Scooter was two left hands, which just SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. The print on one of the stickers that came with Sam is screwed up. So many things are wrong with this series and it's really dissappointing.

Phil's accessories are boring, the clock was an attempt at correcting a problem wih the labs set and it just doesn't work well since there is NO place to put it. All that lab stuff is made from a clear soft rubber like plastic so a lot of the tops are bent and they aren't even hollow. They are sloid. They didn't have to be like this.

Scooter's one big accessory is not something I enjoy. The likeness of the new head isn't as bad as I thought though. I can see some very obvious things that could have improved the sculpt that have nothing to do with the glasses. Seems unfinished in some places. I do not like the logo they used since this is a MTM Scooter and he DID NOT WORK at the Muppet Theater. And did I mention he has two left hands? Argh!

Sam is actually pretty darn good. Likness and accessories are great. He can be set up in the perfect scene with the stuff he comes with. He needs no help from any other figures and that is a good thing. He is crossed eyed though. They all are. Even the shifty Sam had pupil problems. It's slightly annoying. But, other than that, he's really cool. The frosted looks not so good though. He looks like a frosted flake, but I can live with it considering he is such a great figure.

Marvin is ok, but STICKY! I hate sticky! He is another figure that is great on his own with his accessoriess and Muppaphones. He is great set up on his own or with others like Sam. I like a figure that can create a nice display using the stuff it comes with. Robin, Beau, and Jonny all have this quality (Kermit is obviously meant to be with other MTI figures). It's really good and hope we see for of this with future figures.

Overall it's a good series if you just care abot the sculpts and paint colors. If you want to actualy play with these sticky figures of display them out in the open where the dust can attack them then you'll be dissapponted, but they do LOOK great.

Beth C

Reaction score
Gonzo's Goof said:
For Beth C,

I was at Suncoast today and series 7 has been marked to 25% off the regular price the one here had all of them even some of the repaints. So if you have one close you might want to check them. Also EBgames should be marking theirs down soon too, they normally do around this time.

Ok, I'll check mine.. Suncoast is right at the mall here. I really want Kermit and Beau, so if I can get them on sale, I'll be happy!!

~Beth C

Raech

Reaction score
THAT'S IT! That is what has been bugging me about the love pics some retailers have up.

They are all cross eyed!

I may buy normal Sam now and re paint his eyes. How sad I shouldn't have to.

But I guess why I am at it I will make him shifty eyed.

Only other one I am getting is the muppephones (regular one - I don't get the grey shirt idea).

rexcrk

Reaction score
I ordered my set from ebgames.com although fro some reason it said it was on pre-order, so Lord knows when they're gonna get here. However I did order the Swinetrek playset and the re-paint of Johnny in the pinstripes that I wanted to amuse myself with :smile: :wink: and those should get here Monday or Tuesday the latest :big_grin:

caper

Reaction score
It's suppose to be out but yet I can't find any. Why are they making the Muppet figures soo hard to find? I went to Suncoast, SamGoody, and other comic and specialty stores and they don't have it.

This is ridiculous, that is why the Muppet line is doing so poorly. Everytime a new series comes out, it's always hard to find. Are we the only people buying these figs?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Welcome to my world caper. Fortunatley there are online retailers that carry them, so I'm still able to get them. I told my dad this: I said that it "makes having the Muppet figures more special because you can't find them everywhere (like Star Wars or Transformers) but the problem is you can't find them ANYwhere"

Moran9969

Reaction score
Silver Snail Comics in downtown Toronto said they received them on their website on July 15th. But do you honestly think that I missed this for three days?? I saw it on their website yesterday and went in today to get my Phil Van Neuter and Sam figure. However they were sold out of Marvin Suggs, and both Sam and Suggs repaints.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
Muppets at EBgames

I am at Sacramento CA and today I went to EBgames and they already had them out on the shelf, the first one I went too, all Sams and Marvins were gone. I was able to get the whole set but won't be easy. Here at least the price at EB has dropped to $8.99 even for the new set. All of them are great figures, and a new thing I have found is the hands are a lot more pliable. I am not for sure if it is a different kind of plastic or a different mix. Good that you can easily move them to hold their accessories. Bad thing is, Neuter equipment seems to be made of the same stuff, and well just seems very jelloy and bends easily. I personally didn't have too much problems with the paint of them being "sticky", only Marvin seemed that way. Regular Sam you have to read what is on the inside of his book just completely classic. This set is completely wonderful.

For availability I talked here to Suncoast too, and was told they are changing their distributor, I don't know if that is only here in Sac, Cali, or even regional or beyond. So right now they don't just get their shipments on Friday. So far they have not shown up there today here.

Gonzo's Goof.