Series 8 Painted Pics in Previews

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Sorry I dont have a scanner but Scooter looks kick ***! So does the paint aps on Marvin's shirt.

:wink: :attitude:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm extremely impressed with Marvin & Scooter. Dr Phil looks good. The texturing on Sam's body is just plain wierd. It would look better if the arm texturing is the same (feathered) over the body.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The Sam puppet doesn't have feathers on his torso. It's wierd like the figure, though not that extreme. Still looks cool though.

Marvin looks great but his eyes seem sleepy. Maybe he'll wake up later.

Phil is ok, but isn't he green? I thought his hair was like a bright light green. Hopefully the colors will be tweaked cause the sculpt is awesome. Aklso, I don't like the pants. I'd prefer a sold color. They look too much like the Chef's.

Scooter looks good. Glasses still look a little think though. We need a Mega Classic Scooter to really get the look down. Also, the colors could be a bit brighter, but they look movie accurate to me.

I like Sam. No bigdeal seeing a painted Sam though. We've seen him. I's rather see the new head sculpt.

Are these pictures of the painted prototypes or are these photoshopped? They look photoshopped to me.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
These pics... Something funny...

These pics could lead to premature speculation...
I think they would have to be prototype pics-but only because I don't see any elbow articulation on Scooter or Phil. This could be me as shortsighted... Either way they all look good... I have even LESS idea who the heck Dr Phil IS,but he kinda looks like a weird butcher and a mad scientist had a baby... And they smoked alot while he was en utero. Not that I'm doubting the quality of his likeness... I'm sure it's top knotch!!! It's just that I have never seen this Muppet outside of this board. Granted I can't even PRETEND to have half of the knowledge that some of you zealots have :stick_out_tongue: :wink: , but at least the rest I have SEEN... HAHAHAHA

Somebody clue me in-what's this guys story???

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Dr. Phil vanNeuter was a character from Muppets Tonight. A little bit more about him can be found here.

-Kim

WiGgY

Reaction score
Phil's coloring really needs work. From that muppet fest picture you can see his hair ios a light greenish color, not brown. Eyes need work too. The sculpt is really good though.

Anyhoo, Phil was on Muppets Tonight and in Muppets From Space. He's a mad vet type character. He had a skit called Tales From the Vet, a spoof of Tales From the Crypt. He would show short films (muppets skits) I believe. One was him at Stuff University (Good ol' Stuff U.) where he met Composta Heap (Mulch's sister). In Muppets From Space he was more like a mad doctor. He was going to suck Gonzo's brain out. The figure will focus on the mad scientist aspect of the character.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Oh thanks...

I knew I could put all your Muppet knowledge to work. This set needed some "villians" in it. Now Uncle Deadly will have someone to hang out with. Now I REALLY can't wait for him to come out. Although I think he will be better in Vets Hospital than Muppet Labs... but I still don't know that much about him. I could very likely be wrong here....