Seriously Movie Industry, WHAT THE FROG?!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was listening to the radio, when I heard this little blurb about the future of the moviegoing experience:

Apparently starting soon, if you want to go see a successful, blockbuster epic in theaters, you're going to be charged FIFTY BUCKS A TICKET. Why? Apparently actors like Robert Downey, Jr. and others want even more money than they already have.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What is this i don't even

<-- Avatar says all

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think that's a new thing theaters are trying out where you can see a blockbuster movie a few days before its official release. You get some things like full 3D or Real D experience, a poster and some popcorn. It's not necessarily the new norm.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is like one of those idiot political rumors that get passed from angry idiot to angry idiot that has little baring on reality.

The only way any of us will wind up paying 50 bucks for a standard movie ticket is if inflation hits us really, really bad in 20 or 30 years.

Meanwhile, HA HA! I haven't paid more than 9 bucks a ticket the entire year. And those times I paid 9 were 3-D. Every other time was 6.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I believe World War Z did something like that. Where you got a movie ticket for $50 but you saw it a 2 days beforehand in 3D(With collectable glasses) a limited edition poster, a digital copy of the movie when it becomes available and a small popcorn(Because a medium would've been too much for that much money). It was only in 5 theaters but 4 sold out and the 5th one was filled 80% full so it could work if you're willing to spend the money. I guess it all depends on how bad you really wanna see the movie.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Essentially, you get a LOT of stuff for your 50 bucks. I'm sure getting a ticket and popcorn at a chain theater not on a matinee, it's at least ha;f that anyway.

Guess who goes to small, independently run theaters in the afternoon and only pays 6 bucks a ticket? Seriously, I'm going to really rub that in.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Guess who goes to small, independently run theaters in the afternoon and only pays 6 bucks a ticket? Seriously, I'm going to really rub that in.
Guess who goes to a small independently run theater in the any time and only pays 5 bucks a ticket?

Heh. I kid, I'm being obnoxious.

But I really do live near one and tickets are only 5 bucks, but they only show movies on certain days of the week at like...three time slots depending on the day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Five, six... who cares? Point is, I never had to pay over 12 bucks for a ticket.

Sad thing is, certain theaters used to have small promotional posters, like the kind you see in comic book stores. I have a nice double sided Madagascar 2 one. I don't see why they don't do that more. It just comes out of the film's marketing budget.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Five, six... who cares? Point is, I never had to pay over 12 bucks for a ticket.

Sad thing is, certain theaters used to have small promotional posters, like the kind you see in comic book stores. I have a nice double sided Madagascar 2 one. I don't see why they don't do that more. It just comes out of the film's marketing budget.
Dude, it was joke XP Hence why I said I was just being obnoxious.

Anyway, to the original point, yeah, I think this is just some weird rumor someone started. I don't see 50 bucks happening soon. 15 maybe at mst