1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Seriously though, can we have our punctuation back?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Beauregard, May 17, 2008.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Sure the war, the streaking, and the picketting have been fun...but we'd like some recognition and some change now. It's a serious question, can it be taken up my mods or Phil? We'd like the Exclaimation mark and Question mark rule removed. Is that possible? And can we see it happen please?

Beau
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just started a thread to get moderators' thoughts... It's in their hands now Bo. That's the best I can do.
    :sleep:
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:confused: I wonder if there can be a limit to the number of sequentially placed ! and ? marks like is already in place with the 3 ... period marks?

I do know that when we first had smilies they would overtake posts. I enjoy using them too, of course. Eventually they had to be limited to three per post. I usually use up all three in mine. If the bar were pushed to four or five it is very likely I would use more. The rationing is important, but the ! and the ? together or three in a row aren't permitted.

:eek: I cast a vote for:

the classic - ! ? and ? !
    three - ? ? ?
    three - ! ! !
    three - ! ? ! (and its variations)

(all without spaces between, of course)

:coy: Anything more than this would be overkill. It's a nice middle ground. I have no real power here, but lend my support.
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I completely agree Jamie, that's all we really want. :smirk:
  5. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

That's very well thought out of you, Jamie; Thank you for actually taking this request seriously and thinking about it.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I suppose my support goes to having up to, but not over, three punctuation marks in a row. It just seems right. :)

My post was wordier than it needed to be (as usual). ;)