"Sesame Beginnings" DVDs...

Gonzo

Reaction score
TV Guide has more info on the Sesame Beginnings DVDs coming next spring:

"Sesame Street for Babies"

Big Bird and Cookie Monster have been the same age for 36 years, but a new series of Sesame Street DVDs takes a look at their baby backstories. "Sesame Beginnings" hits stores in March and will be aimed at kids as young as 6 months. TV Guide was given an exclusive preview, including delightful flashbacks: a rambunctious Cookie Monster (and his patient granny), a squeakier Elmo (and his jazzy dad) and a not-so-Big Bird (and his Hawaiian auntie). Producers at Sesame Workshop hope the DVDs will promote healthy relationships between caregivers and children--plus a lucrative new line of plush toys.

And then there's a pretty cute picture of a young Cookie Monster and his Granny reading a book.

Censored

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
TV Guide has more info on the Sesame Beginnings DVDs coming next spring:

"Sesame Street for Babies"

Big Bird and Cookie Monster have been the same age for 36 years, but a new series of Sesame Street DVDs takes a look at their baby backstories. "Sesame Beginnings" hits stores in March and will be aimed at kids as young as 6 months. TV Guide was given an exclusive preview, including delightful flashbacks: a rambunctious Cookie Monster (and his patient granny), a squeakier Elmo (and his jazzy dad) and a not-so-Big Bird (and his Hawaiian auntie). Producers at Sesame Workshop hope the DVDs will promote healthy relationships between caregivers and children--plus a lucrative new line of plush toys.

And then there's a pretty cute picture of a young Cookie Monster and his Granny reading a book.

The idea of baby versions of the Sesame Street muppets is not entirely new. There already has been a line of toys with baby versions of the characters (especially Elmo, Big Bird, and Ernie) for several years now, but this may be the first time that these baby characters actually performed in a show.

Personally, I never cared much for aged regressed versions of any characters, be they Muppets, Looney Toons, Flintstones or Scooby-Doo, but if these DVDs can help to promote healthy relationships between caregivers and children, I'm all for it.

BEAR

Reaction score
Will they be puppets or cartoons?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read about this DVD in a post on the Tough pigs message board, but when I first read the title, I was really hoping that this would be the first episode.

:mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay something's wrong here: 1. Why Cookie's granny when he has a mommy whose been on before? 2. What about Granny Bird? That's the only relative Big Bird ever speaks of (except for the occasional mention of Abelardo).

zanimum

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
2. What about Granny Bird? That's the only relative Big Bird ever speaks of (except for the occasional mention of Abelardo).
This is an interesting spin-off, I must say. Slightly predictable, but interesting.

However, he has mentioned many other relatives. In the song "Tall Enough", Big Bird mentions he has a mother, a father, and a sister. One of the volumes in the Sesame Street Library book series has Big Bird visiting several of his cousins.

On the show, episode 1576 from 1981, to be exact, Big Bird mentions several relatives, one of which is an Uncle Slim, a cowbird from Montana, seen at the end of the episode.

Nick