Sesame, DC: The Superman at the End of This Story

muppetwriter

Reaction score
First off, the title of this story is in fact an homage to my favorite "Sesame Street" book: "The Monster at the End of This Book". And, secondly, it has been reported that Superman Returns will be released on June 28th and not June 30th. So I decided that it'd be best if I started working on this story now.:smile:

Here's how the story goes:

The story functions as a bit of a loose sequel to Follow That Bird, in which--as you'll read in the story--Big Bird was rescued by a teenager named Clark Kent from the infamous Sleaze Brothers and taken safely back to Sesame Street, thanks to his amazing powers. Well, the story starts out eleven years after this, and Big Bird hasn't been able to convince anyone that he personally knows Superman, only because he can't reveal who he truly is, and that (if he wanted to) he could find out where Metropolis's great hero has gone.

Meanwhile, Sesame Street and the rest of Metropolis have accepted the "World Without Superman", and even Super Grover has been trying to become the city's next big hero. But what the citizens don't know is that Superman is somewhere off in the galaxy that his home planet, Krypton, once existed.

This is where the story becomes a loose "remake" of The Dark Crystal, as Jen and Kira of the planet Thra have been informed by the Mystics that the three suns had formed into the one sun that destroyed Krypton and, if they don't find the "Last Son of Krypton" soon, the same will happen to Thra.

----------------------

This fanfic will tie-in with the release of Superman Returns and have appearances by characters from Scooby-Doo, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, and some of the most interesting shows on Cartoon Network, as well as a short cameo by Kermit the Frog.:smile:

I should be getting the first chapter in by either later today, tomorrow, or this Friday. I'll be working on the story at the same time that I'm working on "And He'll Stand With" (the most recent MARVELOUS Muppets fanfic), so the chapters may come in slow or quick, depending on what my schedule might look like.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good... Would like to read how X-Muppets ends first though.

So, you've got Cal El off in the galaxy where Krypton used to be? Not on Earth for the last 11 years? Hmmm, sounds like his self-imposed exile which set up for Kingdom Come to me.
And you do know that Sesame Street and Metropolis are two different cities, one in New York State and the other in Illinois right?
Just so long as the story's Muppety enough I'm sure it'll be a winner.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sounds good... Would like to read how X-Muppets ends first though.
Well, I'm going to be working on this story at the same time I'll be working with the "X-Muppets" tale. So, you can read this at the same time with that one or you can just wait 'til I get done with the other one. It's up to you, of course.:smile:

The Count said:
So, you've got Cal El off in the galaxy where Krypton used to be? Not on Earth for the last 11 years? Hmmm, sounds like his self-imposed exile which set up for Kingdom Come to me.
Actually, it was Bryan Singer's idea to put Supes off in another galaxy, but I'm not going to have him in exile for 11 years. According to what I've read, Superman Returns takes place 3 years after the second Superman movie (with Chris Reeves), which is the time that Supes has been away from Earth. So, in my story, he'll still be away from Earth for that many years.

And Superman wasn't "Superman" when Big Bird first met him. He was only Clark Kent the farm boy (I'll leave it up to the reader to imagine whether he's Tom Welling, Stephan Bender, or Jeff East) from Smallville, a town that Big Bird had passed by while on his cross-country trip. That's why Big Bird can't tell who he really is, because he saw what Clark was capable of doing and agreed not to tell anyone about his abilities.

The Count said:
And you do know that Sesame Street and Metropolis are two different cities, one in New York State and the other in Illinois right?
Just so long as the story's Muppety enough I'm sure it'll be a winner.
Oh, I don't think I've failed to make my stories "Muppety". If I have, though, you guys will tell me, right?:smile:

And read my most recent post in the "And He'll Stand With..." thread for my SS/Metropolis excuse.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, just found that. Hey, so long as you post story, all we can say is it'll probably get read.
Tom Welling I know is the guy who plays Clark, but who are the other names you mentioned?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Stephan Bender is the Young Clark Kent that's supposed to be in Superman Returns. I hear that he's as much of a newcomer as Brandon Routh is, so it should be interesting to see how well he does as a young Clark.

And Jeff East is the Young Clark Kent in the first Superman movie with Chris Reeves and directed by Richard Donner (the same fella who directed "The Goonies" and the "Lethal Weapon" films). I heard a rumor that because he spoke a little "awkward", they had to dub Chris Reeves's voice over his, which was done nicely, considering that I couldn't even tell that was Chris's actual voice.:smile:

If you want to find out more about Stephan Bender (the Young Clark of Superman Returns), he has a cool website here...

http://www.stephanbender.com/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK.... Just twiddling thumbs till story gets posted.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
OK. I had a minor setback while working on the first chapter.:frown:

Remember when I said that characters from Foster's and Scooby-Doo were going to have parts in the story? Well, originally, there was going to be a subplot that involved Mac being the cousin of Velma Dinkley, and I went into detail about it in the first chapter. But now I've decided that I don't think I want Mystery Inc. in the Superman story. Instead, I'll be putting them with the Count and Oscar in the Batman story that I'll be writing afterwards.

So, I'm going to put characters from W.I.T.C.H. in the story, which will make more sense considering that their powers are related to another planet like Superman's are. This could also be a great opportunity to connect this story with the events in Season 2, since I failed to do so in the recent X-Men/Muppets tale.:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... But the reason for that is Season 2 of WITCH hasn't started yet... On 9 o'clock PM on Monday. And I'd hold off on including them until at least the premiere airs and you've had a chance to watch it... Seems now they'll be the Guardians of the Infinite Dimensions.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... But the reason for that is Season 2 of WITCH hasn't started yet... On 9 o'clock PM on Monday. And I'd hold off on including them until at least the premiere airs and you've had a chance to watch it... Seems now they'll be the Guardians of the Infinite Dimensions.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. I figured that I could just guess what might happen in the first episode of Season 2 and somehow tie it in with the story, kind of like I had tied the events in "The Great X-Muppet Caper" with X-Men: The Last Stand, thus making sense of the connection between the fanfic and the movie.

I guess waiting 'til the premiere of Season 2 just gives me plenty of time to think up something great for the first chapter, as well as the rest of the story.:smile: