Sesame English videos

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of Sesame English videos? I found a ton of these at my local library the other day. This may have been mentioned here before and sorry about that if they have. But I had never seen any until I decided to borrow some the other day. I just finished watching one of the episodes and the main story wasn't too bad. A new Muppet called Tingo and a human girl named Niki are the main characters. The show is ESL for children. (English as a Second Language) So in trying to teach basic English words, you can bet that along with the main storyline there's quite a few classic Sesame Street sketches, animations and songs.
The one I was watching just now had 2 different animations counting up to 15 and also presented the letter X on some different animations and live action shots. Probably the highlight was the sketch where Grover and Kermit presented the letter X - with the help of a kid!!!:smile:

(Almost all of the videos have Tingo and Elmo on the cover, so I'm guessing that Elmo makes a guest star appearance at some point too.)

Anyway, looks like these might be worth checking out just for the classic Sesame Street sketches and stuff. They're probably only at your local library, seeing as how they're made through Schlessinger Media- a division of libraryvideo.com, in conjunction with Sesame Workshop, of course. The copyright is from 2000-2003, if you're wondering.

superfan

Reaction score
Wow! That's quite the find, Gonzo Leaper! The only SS videos in our libraries I've seen are the Sony Wonders. If you're able to download any clips or stills, I'd love to see them!