Sesame Martians, Lefty, Splurge, and other rarities

beaker

Reaction score
Just wondering when the last time the martians, lefty, splurge, or any other sesame odditiy has been seen? Last time I saw the yip yip martians was elmopalooza in 1998(that great clip of them on conan obrien)

Also, does anybody know of merchandise for any of these guys? supposedly according to Warrick there is a splurge plush and a lefty pvc. And I know about the martian figures by tyco. I just wish there were places for serious sesame collectors(ie: not to much of the baby product stuff) to find stuff. (like that japanese sony wonder sesame site)

Splurge

Reaction score
A Splurge Plush? How come I haven't heard about this? Probably a bigger hit in Europe than in America. :smile:

The only Splurge appearance on Sesame Street I know of is when I, er, he helps Kermit teach about "big" and "little". But I'd be interested to know if he appeared more than once.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>A Splurge Plush? How come I haven't heard about this? Probably a bigger hit in Europe than in America.

The only Splurge appearance on Sesame Street I know of is when I, er, he helps Kermit teach about "big" and "little". But I'd be interested to know if he appeared more than once<<<

yeah, part of the scary scary monsters plus from europe i think. man i so want one! did you know splurge was set to become a big new muppet character in 1998? he was one of the main characters in scary scary monsters, which sadly never aired. But I heard there were some promotional stuff for it. I have the main popup book which rocks...its too bad about SSM, as that could have been the new fr. I think Warrick knows the most about SSM.
It;d be neat to have a complete list of just what SSM stuff is out there merchandise wise, along if there really is a pilot episode?

As far as Splurge appearences, just the sesame one and of coure the special he debuted on.

sstVideo

Reaction score
A martian makes a guest appearance this seaon (34) on one of the Journey to Ernie segments. yip, yip, yip....

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Last time Lefty was seen, was probably Season 30, does anyone know for sure??

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I absolutely adore Splurge. I just showed a friend Hey, Cinderella! a few nights ago. He's one of my all time favorite Muppets. I'd love to see him around again someday. I'm sure he's just quietly working in his radish garden right now.

-Chris