1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Muppets on international versions of SS

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by muppet maniac, Dec 29, 2004.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

That's because Da Niao IS Big Bird.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------I was just joking a bit. The stereotype is that everything from Japan has big Anime eyes. So I thought, well then they might do that with the characters over there..because that's what they're used to. Or you know, the Sesame Street characters with huge Anime eyes, would just be kind of wacky.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah well....I really wanted to see :p :( :grouchy: with Anime eyes.

Of course those three characters aren't in the Japanese version like Big Bird, Cookie, and Elmo are. But Sesame Street Partners Japan(SSPJ), which was formed by SW and other Japanese companies to make the local version, also owns the rights to the American SS over there.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wasn't Abelardo Montoya (the Mexican Parrot equivellent to big Bird) once on US SS?

BTW, there has been quite a bit of Japanese SS merchandising before this new coporduction..... except for the Kubricks, you can't even tell it's from Japan (and only then because they're Kubricks)
  3. muppet maniac

One more:

The red bird in episode #4088 was also on Plaza Sesamo and in Sesame English(which is not a co-production but more of a spin-off series)
  4. zanimum

zanimum New Member

No, according to the website their cousins. They just have very little variance in their genetics.

Abelardo was on the New Year's special (1996?), hosted by Elmo.
  5. muppet maniac

Here's the revised list:

Sesamstrasse:
    Big Bird(old episodes)
    Ernie and Bert
    Little Bird
    Brown wolf,
    Female grouch(EIG)
    Sheep
    ..and there was also a green grouch(not Oscar, but another one pretending to be a superhero. I saw a pic of it somewhere once)

Plaza Sesamo:
    Red bird
    Brown bird

Sesame Park:
    Brown Rooster

Ulitza Sezam:
    Ernie and Bert

Zhima Jie:
    Big Bird

Takalani Sesame:
    Elmo

Japanese Sesame Street:
    Big Bird
    Cookie Monster
    Elmo

Sesame English:
    Brown rooster
    Blue mouse(CinderElmo)
    Red bird
  6. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

There is also two more birds: a blue bird and a white bird.
  7. muppet maniac

Also, I read on the German part of the Sesame Planet site and it said that Caroll Spinney brought Oscar along with him there(when Big Bird was in the old episodes of Sesamstrasse). But now that blurb has been scraped off.

There is also two more birds: a blue bird and a white bird.

Can you give me descriptions of what they look like?
  8. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Add a penguin to that list.
    The super hero grouch is named super grouch.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg2.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/sg1.jpg
    The brown wolf is Willi Wolf and Piratenkapitän Wolfdietrich Säbelmeier
    The female grouch is Grouchella http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/muppet_dk/Sesam_Strasse/grouch3.jpg
  9. TotallySpiesFan

The blue bird is the one who appears in the Sesame Street cover of the jigsaw puzzle, where Ernie, Bert and his friends feed the real-life pigs.

The white bird is called a dove, who also appears in a SS sketch, "Let's Do It (Let's Lay an Egg)".
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

No thats Rosita the Monster. She's not a bird at all.
  11. muppet maniac

The white bird is called a dove, who also appears in a SS sketch, "Let's Do It (Let's Lay an Egg)".

I just remembered---he was also on Plaza Sesamo.
  12. TotallySpiesFan

I wasn't talking about Rosita. I was talking about the blue bird in the corn field.
  13. Pino

Pino Member

was it a big bird too? Or a smaller muppet? :attitude:
  14. TotallySpiesFan

A small blue Muppet bird.
  15. Pino

Pino Member

The yhave a kinda of sesame production that is broadcast inbetween the disney hour.. They have two own puppets and the rest is the regular sesamestreet gang like bert and ernie, coockie and elmo.
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wait, Bert and Ernie are in Japan, somehow. My friend is from Japan, and he knows Sesame Street. He has a Bert t-shirt. Are there two different versions, or something?
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Errr... to the best of my knowledge, no. Most likely Ernie and Bert, like most other SS characters seen internationally are dubbed. The international dubbers claim the characters aren't American Ernie and Bert, dubbed, but they try to make them seem like they are part of the production. But they are dubbed.
  18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Ah okay. So they dubb them in Japanese? That would be really interesting to see. Thanks for answering me, I had though my question would never be answered! :)
  19. Pino

Pino Member

Maybe there will me alot of crossover in holland soon. This year they exist 30 years and there will be a great theatershow with a lot of the characters in it.. And if they r comming to the Netherlands, maybe they also will appear in Sesamstraat! For the whole info you can read it in the Sesame Times!
  20. muppet maniac

French Sesame Street

Elmo, Narf, and the green female monster(not Phoebe, but the one with yellow pigtails---she was seen with Zoe in one of the Season 36 episodes) are on France's "5 Rue Sesame"

They also have a penguin on there, with a blue beak