Sesame Podcasts

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The newest podcast episode is "Rhyme". Besides the corresponding "Word on the Street" and "Word of the Day Explanation", segments include:
  • The Rhyme Time Song
  • Fat Cat (edited to only include the "ball" rhyme section, and with the word "rhyme" appearing on-screen at the end, with Murray reading the word)
  • Savion plays a rhyming game

For once the podcast features a segment that I expected in advance (Fat Cat). I also expected Rhyme Out, but while that one isn't included, it still has a Savion segment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The newest episode focuses on the word "Amazing".

Contents include:
  • The Word on the Street and Word of the Day explanations for "amazing"
  • Number Three Ball Film (powder version, with Murray voice-over, the word "amazing" superimposed into the segment, and counting voice-overs cut out)
  • Mumford's cookie trick (with "amazing" superimposed on-screen)
  • a boy jumps over a big A and walks around it on his hands (the "Masing" part of "Amasing" is superimposed next to the A)
  • Amazing Animal Tricks

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The new podcast episode is Expert.

Featuring:
The Word on the Street: Expert
Elmo talks about what he'd like to be when he grows up (was this a sketch ont eh show, or made for this podcast? it includes clips from other Elmo sketches)
a girl visits her granfather, an expert chocolate maker
word of the day explanation: expert (with Murray voice-over... I think this was originally from an Elmo's World segment)
Expert Performances
karate class film (with Murray vocie-overs)

beaker

Reaction score
So are any of these episodes archived? I was only able to download the first one they did.

Also, Murray monster is one of the best new Muppets since Mo Frackle, that Larry the Possum guy from From the Balcony/Puppet Up, Joe the Armadillo, and Waffle the cowmonkey.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This weeks podcast: Practice.

This weeks segmnets:
  • Word on the Street: Practice
  • Film: two kids talk about whistling
  • Word of the Day: Practice with Jon Stewart
  • cartoon: a girl in a painting talks about her piano lesson
  • Grover asks a girl if she plays any instruments
  • Cartoon: a cowboy says that his older siste rtells him to practice
  • Song: Write Your Name with a boy, a Muppet cowboy, and others (including Maria, Tely, Zoe, The Count, Big Bird, and Elmo)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, after 22 podcasts, Ernie and Bert have finally appeared in the newest one, Pretend.

Contents include:
  • What's the Word on the Street?: Pretend
  • Big Bird asks kids what they like to pretend to be
  • Word of the Day explanation
  • Ernie pretends to be somebody in the family, and has Bert guess who
  • Elmo and Venus, a tennis player (I don't know her last name... yeah, I live under a rock), pretend to play tennis

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's been 23 podcast epsiodes so far. Only three more epsidoes to go before all of the "word on the street" segments have been used, and then we'll know what will hapen with the podcast next. We'll find out if a different topic is used for the epsidoes (like "Letter of the Day" or "Number of the Day"), or if new word segments are made, or if the podcast discontinues, or what.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This weeks podcast was about the word "sigh". Man, I wish I could remember which "word on the street" and "word of the day" segments were used...:wink: Sigh....

Anyway, the contents include:
  • cartoon: the word "sigh" appears on-screen
  • clip montage: Bert, Grover, and Kermit all sigh, as the word "sigh" apears on-screen (some of the sketches that clips were used from include the sketch where Ernie gives Bert a physical and where Grover attempts to sell Kermit earmuffs)
  • Cartoon: Dr. Annie Eyeball talks about sighing
  • Ernie sings Bert a lullaby to get him to sleep (the word "sigh" appears on-screen, coming out of Bert's mouth whenever he sighs)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Angry

The latest one is great. It features at least two sketches that I predicted would be included. And aside from the word on the street/ word of the day explanation sketches, everything is from the 1970s!

Sketches:
  • Ernie sks Bert to pretend to be angry
  • Sesame Street News: what makes people angry?
  • Bert tells John-John that he's lost his paperclips

It's a shame that the Little Jerry song "Mad" wasn't included (the word "angry" could have appeared on-screen when they sang "We're angry, really, really angry"). And I don't think Murray had any superimposed voice-overs this time.

And of course each sketch was edited. Bert only pretended to be angry once. Kermit only tried to ask a few people what makes them angry (and the beginning, with the announcer introducing Kermit and Kermit talking to an off-camera person, was cut). And Bert didn't pretend to be sad.

:mad:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the last word on the street!

The latest podcast epsidoe focuses on the word "Struggle". In addition to "What's the Word on the Street?" and "The Word of the Day" skits for struggle, segmnet sinclude:
  • Big Bird teaching Snuffy to ice skate (Martin Robinson redubbed Jerry Nelson's Snuffy dialogue here... And it sounds like some of Snuffy's dialogue was changed to reflect the word on the street)
  • A boy (whose head resembles a goomba from the Super Mario Bros. games) struggles to fly
  • "It's a Long Hard Road, But I'm Gonna Get There"

And now all of the words on the street have been used up. I can't wait to see what happens with the podcast next week.