Sesame sign and word skits

Mokeystar

Reaction score
The "Abierto" and "Cerrado" clip that stands out the most for me was an animated box who would exclaim "ABIERTO" when the lid opened and "CERRADO!" when it closed. This continual open-closed pattern seemed to annoy a character (I can't remember what it was) who came by and bashed the box to smithereens. After the character walks off, the box weakly exclaims, "ABIERTO", followed by a pain-filled "CERRADO."

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was one about stop where some classical musicians are playing and the violinist doesn't seem to play well and the conductor yells STOP! i wonder if that conductor was Arthor Fiedler of the Boston Pops Orchestra?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememebr these 2 films about the word help? the little girl who's dressed as a cow girl and says help and probably her dad helps her on the horse. > and the boy who keeps asking for ice cream cones and screams help because he has too many in his hands and these kids take them all, shouts help a 2nd time and the ice cream man brings him another one. wierd.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememebr these skit where one muppet would hold up a sign with 2 letters such as an op, et and another one would hold signs with different letters. a song went with it that went like to take an h that's , makes the sound of it, and an o p op, you put them all together and they spell hop. there were 3 such skits. 1 with the sound op, the 2nd with the sound et and the 3rd witch seemed to have features Betty Lou and the AM boy. i can't rememeber the letter featured. what's interesting is in 1 of the SSU shows from the 2nd season Bob was doing 1 of these himself. he did the op one. and from rememebering seeing these years ago, they looked like they were also made in the early 70s as well.

Xerus

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
rememebr these skit where one muppet would hold up a sign with 2 letters such as an op, et and another one would hold signs with different letters. a song went with it that went like to take an h that's , makes the sound of it, and an o p op, you put them all together and they spell hop. there were 3 such skits. 1 with the sound op, the 2nd with the sound et and the 3rd witch seemed to have features Betty Lou and the AM boy. i can't rememeber the letter featured. what's interesting is in 1 of the SSU shows from the 2nd season Bob was doing 1 of these himself. he did the op one. and from rememebering seeing these years ago, they looked like they were also made in the early 70s as well.
There were 5 skits about the word family songs.

First was a boy and a girl Muppet singing about the AN familly
second was two old men singing about ET
third was the same two old men singing about IG
fourth was a boy and girl Muppet siniging about OP
and last was the two old men again singing about UN

mikebennidict

Reaction score
thanks. Xerus. the muisc that went with those was good. too. be nice to hear them all on MC radio.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there were a couple of gover skits concerning the word Walk. > 1st one has Little Jerry & The Monitones holding letters that make the word walk and after Grover gives his talk about the word, he tells them to walk and they walk over him. obviously they didn't want to do this for Gover so i guess they walked on him because of this. > 2nd one was sort of the same skit and this time the word WALK was used instead of the Monitones. unfortunatly Grover still had trouble has the Walk also walked over him. now there was a similer skit made in the 80s where he was spelling out the word but this was not the same as the other one i mentioned.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Exit song

There was one exit song that featured an anything-Muppet singing in a nightclub, complete with Muppet backup singers.

"I say exit"
(backup: "exit")
"That's the way way way way out"

All throughout the song, the other (Muppet) guests at the nightclub appear to heed the singers words, and proceed to leave, one-by-one, through the door at the rear of the pub marked "Exit". I think Bert was among the guests, as was a cow muppet.

At the final refrain, the backup vocalists slide out the door as well, leaving the singer alone in the lounge. After he concludes the song, he wonders where everyone went, then decides to leave as well (didn't he want to collect his money from the nightclub owner?) But he can't seem to locate the way out!