1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by theprawncracker, Oct 20, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Sesame Street has launched a new website for the 40th Anniversary. There are video clips, behind the scenes accounts from the writer of the new book, some really cool desktop wallpapers, and the opportunity to vote for the greatest Sesame Street clip of all-time (complete with a fantastic intro by Grover)!

This is SO cool!

http://www.sesamestreet.org/onair/history
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I am loving these Grover intros. I especially liked his speach about how the next week is going to be 1990's clips. And he sarcastically ended with tired 1990's slang! :super:
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I voted for Don't Know Y. Bring on next week!

I wonder if there'll be anything spell done regarding the winning clips, besides the fact that they'll win. For example, I wonder if there'll be any kind of special DVD release for the winners or something (there's not enough time for all the winners to be put on the upcoming 40th anniversary set based on these results).

I didn't really pay attention to whether every clip from the 1990s (found on the site) is included, but it would be great if there were "write-in" votes for relevant clips not nominated.

I noticed that if you look at the "recently added" bar in the videos that several Grover videos related to voting appear. There are no tags listed, and they don't appear in searches (at least not for Grover).
  4. theprawncracker

I voted for A's Anatomy just because I adore Grover in that so much. But I LOVE Pre-School Musical, Banana Phone, and It Feels Good When You Sing a Song.

Can't wait for the rest of the clips!
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Last I checked, Pre-School Musical had the most votes.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate school! I wish I could see these now!
  7. zns

zns Active Member

Those people at Sesame Workshop never miss a beat. :p:insatiable::(
  8. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Actually Pigeons,Cookie and Trash has the most votes right now at 11%.:(:grouchy::insatiable:
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Grover totally influenced my vote. I went with 30 second "Surprise" Seemed to have the most classic vibe to it.

Plus that intor really made me want to give it to a Grover skit.
  10. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

This is a cool website and it has some great 40th anniversary features, its fun to watch all the clips and vote on what you like, Grover did a great job hosting! :) Its was nice to see clips that were not Just Elmo, I have not voted yet but I will soon, You Don't have to vote for this one but I would still check out the Christopher Reeve clip, it brings a smile to your Face, and there is no Elmo! ;) :D
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Awesometastic new site! Total pwnage!

I have to say though I was kind of torn as to which 2000s video to vote for though - quite a few fond memories with a few of them... but ultimately, I had to go with Wayne Brady's song about between, though videos like Grover's 30 second surprise demo, Red Riding Hood Musical Fairytale, and yes even Elmo's tricycle were on my list of possibilities as well.
  12. Scotter

Scotter New Member

The website looks pretty nice I guess
  13. zns

zns Active Member

Let's not forget that Sesame Workshop is trying to make their website mainly for kids as well as adults. Personally I think they all did an outstanding job on the website, and I don't just mean the 40th anniversary page. :super:
  14. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

It's odd but I can't get on to the site. :(
  15. muppets2

muppets2 New Member

i cant get on either....:cry:
  16. HootsytheOwl

HootsytheOwl Member

Page not working on Sesame Street site

Hello everybodeeee!:super:

Yeah, I can't access the site either. Maybe they are updating it. I hope so, I enjoyed voting the other day. It will be interesting to see what the final " best of all of everything" clip will be.:D

Your dear friend,
    Kitt
  17. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man I can see the website now and I can understand why "Pigeons Cookies and Trash is leading the votes for the '00s videos. :wisdom:

I mean it's a smart choice in my opinion given the history of those three objects as they're talked about on the show. :super:
  18. D'Snowth

Does anyone know when they change decades to continue the voting? I'm curious to see what we'll have to select from from the 90s - that'll probably be another toughie for me, because that was a decade I grew up in, and I'm sure they'll be some videos that hold special places in my heart.
  19. theprawncracker

I would assume tomorrow for two reasons... One, the site debuted last Tuesday and they're changing it up after a week. Two, the 40th season will debut on a Tuesday... so naturally they'll want to coincide. But... that's just what I assume. :insatiable:
  20. D'Snowth

Are they still following this new every other day, as opposed to everyday broadcasting of the new episodes? Lol, I'm still not used to that. :smirk:

I kind of miss the old days (for me anyway, har-har) when the new season always kicked off in April... that always made April worth looking forward to (besides maybe Easter when it was in April, lol).