Sesame Street AM Radio

iceprincess

Reaction score
I was cleaning out my garage and found my Sesame Street AM radio from the mid-70's. I can't find a place anywhere on the web about it or that wiil quote a collector price on it. It has a green square base with yellow bunting draped at the top. On top of that is Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, Bert and Cookie Monstor each holding an instrument, it has a D/C plug in and surprisingly still works. Any information on it would be greatly appreciated.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I don't know its value, but I do know that there was a series of Sesame Street radios made. At one time my family owned one with a plastic Big Bird, Ernie and Bert all wearing straw hats. Ernie was playing a guitar, Bert a saxaphone. Another radio had just a plastic Ernie and Bert, with the knobs on the back of the base.

If all else fails, you can always check eBay to see if it's there and what other people are willing to pay for it. That could give you a general idea of its monetary value.

drewb0y

Reaction score
Sounds similar to one I have been hunting for. Had one when I was a kid with the green square base, the sesame street gang in a kind of street scene, and a light post that actually had a bulb that lit up. Could you send me a picture of that radio please? andrew dot harmon at gmail dot com.