1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Aug 30, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

This is just a general thread for tonight's appearances.

Big Bird and Elmo were just interviewed on the red carpet. When asked what he was wearing, Big Bird said, "Joan Ganz Cooney." Elmo said, "Barney. But not the dinosaur!" Elmo was also adorable and said, "Yeeeeeah, baby!" They were both spot on--and Caroll was in the bird. Can't wait for the rest of the night! :D
  2. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

They already showed Roscoe along with ELmo and Oscar and that was BEFORE the preformace.

AS for that, it was worth the wait and FYI, it your a fan of this guy...:insatiable:.

Then you know it was good all around.
  3. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Overall I thought the tribute performance was pretty good. Highlights were the Oscar, Elmo, & Gordon bits throughout the show, & Cookie Monster eating the Daytime Emmy in the end! Sandra Oh's (sp?) opening in the begining was wonderful, espicially the part talking about Caroll Spinney. Speaking of Mr. Spinney, anyone see the glimpse of his head in the Oscar trashcan? Lol.

The only muppets that were missing were Ernie, Bert, Grover, & Count. Oh well. And congrats to Kevin for winning ANOTHER emmmy, Lol. I think it should've tied for him & Marty though.

It was truely amazing to see the crowd on their feet from the start, as proof of how much SS touched their lives from the very begining. (On a side note, isn't it funny how the crowd gasped when it was mentioned that the show won 118 daytime emmys? rofl at that).

Overall, I give this :wisdom: :wisdom: :wisdom: out of 4 Big Bird heads. Bravo to a show that has set a landmark in television.
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I'm so ticked that I missed it! :(
  5. zns

zns Active Member

Everything about it was just fantastic. I taped it and thought that it was one of their finest moments at the Emmys. Among the attandees were:

Big Bird
    Oscar
    Cookie Monster
    Elmo
    Abby Cadabby
    Zoe
    Sonia Manzano
    Bob McGrath
    Rosco Orman
    Emelio Delgado
    Chris Knowings
    Carrol-Lynn Parente (who accepted the award)

Forty years and still counting. Congratulations to Sesame Workshop from all us Muppet/Henson fans and supporters.

:wisdom::insatiable::super:
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

It was an EXCELLENT appearance, and I really, really hope it shows up on YouTube SOON. I was SO thrilled to see all of them. Cookie, Luis, Abby, Zoe, Bob, Elmo, Gordon, Oscar, Chris, Telly, Maria, Big Bird... they were all SO wonderful. They sang revised versions of "People in Your Neighborhood" and "Sing." My favorite line from the whole thing was in "Sing": "Sing of 40 Years--We're still going STRONG!"

It was amazing. Truly a perfect appearance. Sure, we would've all liked to see more characters, but... c'mon. We saw Sesame Street celebrated in all its glory. Each and every person in that audience was on their feet the WHOLE time. Just... stunning. I'm so proud to be a fan of the show who has touched the lives of more people than even The Count could count. Rock on, Sesame Street. :wisdom: :super: :grouchy:
  7. zns

zns Active Member

I was rooting for Marty as well, but Kevin does a good job on the show too. Everyone involved with the show deserves the honor.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That's great. I was at a party all day and I meant to set the DVR for this, but I forgot. SO, someone please YouTube it!
  9. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Surprised no Bert and Ernie
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I thought it was also quite the tribute/testiment to the show that Best Childrens' Series Performer nominees were 80% from Sesame...i actually was rooting for Chris not that all the nominated Muppeteers weren't fully deserving, but the guy is one of the show's best human actors - he shines and gives it his all when he's on and even though he's a very recent addition, he feels like he stepped right out of the show's golden age.

Real cool how there were planned and spontaneous little nods to SST all evening - as an OLTL fan, i was so pleased to see Susan Haskell win her much deserved Lead Actress award (that lady is a total acting powerhouse!) for the second time (the announcer goofed saying this was her first Emmy - it's actually her second...of course they also said she played the role of Marty Saybrooke since 1992...which implies she's been on the show playing the role for all that time when in fact she just returned to the show after having left it about a decade ago - and reclaiming it after a really horrible recast nearly destroyed that character) and close out her speech saying she'll try to get all of the Sesame gang's autographs. I was actually kind of hoping her signifigant other, AMC's Thorsten Kaye would have won for Best Actor right after just for the thrill of seeing an off-screen couple win Best Actor/Actress but Christen LaBlanc won me over when he tried to eat his award during his speech ala Cookie!

I also really liked how the Muppeteers came out with the puppets accepting the award...not only was it the characters and the talent behind them that made the show would it was but it was also nice to see them in their gala finery - Fran looked wonderful and David Rudman was just totally dashing! Even though it seems like he's aged pretty quickly, he is still one fine fellow!
  11. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

You aren't the only one I mean no Grover or Count or Rosita either.

Still it was a great tribute, and even I was rooting for Marty to win the emmy this year as he sort of deserves it as a puppeter. :wisdom:
  12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Hi guys!

It was a truly exciting night for Sesame Street! Like you all said, it was fun to see so many of the Human cast members there, but it was also a thrill to see the Muppeteers as well (Carroll Spinney, David Rudman, Fran Brill, Marty Robinson, Leslie Carrerra and, of course, Kevin Clash.)

Ernie wasn't there, but he did get a brief nod by Oscar when he was talking about all the little people he'll thank ("the twiddle bugs that hang out in Ernie's box"...or whatever he said). Also mentioned Slimey and Prairie.

Also, Loretta Long (Susan) wasn't at the Awards, but did anyone else catch her in the video they showed about the Daytime people helping the poor kids? She was there!
  13. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

First i have to admit that i did something silly the night of the Daytime Emmys i almost forgot about them YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA oh no really it is true and i saw them as flip though the chanels last night LOL so i pushed the record button and cought the last full hour so i did not miss the great honnoring of SS .

They did a wonderful job with the honnor the life time acevemt award and that is why i wanted to see the this years day time emmy awards .

They honnored all of our dear friends with a well disvered honor I LOVE THIS SHOW IT HAS A PEAICE OF MY HEART AS DO ALL THE MUPPETS .

i will i hope that they give this show another 30 years
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry Arianne, I missed this as well. Rully hope there's some or all of it aired somewhere like the MuppetCast or on the Muppet Mindset. :(
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So... this time they ACTUALLY gave them a great, well deserved tribute... unlike what Carol got... like a 1 minute bunch of clips from the technical ghetto Emmys they use for Children's Programming (which isn't as important as Judge Judy... why that thing's been on nigh 10 years... what an achievement :rolleyes: )

And what a great time slot...., in the middle of Summer replacement season, unpublicized, on the CW... (you woulda got more viewers if you put it on Telemundo). They really treated the Daytime Emmys well.

Yeah, I missed it.
  17. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Thanks Oscarfan, I am one of the ones who missed it so I'm glad it's on YouTube. Sounds like it was great, I can't wait to watch it!
  18. VoiceChaser

VoiceChaser New Member

I enjoyed the tribute, as well. I was hoping Marty Robinson would snag the Emmy win, though...

Does anyone know who that is doing Telly's right hand during the acceptance? She's the only one I didn't recognize on stage.
  19. zns

zns Active Member

Pam Arciero. She has been doing Telly's right hand with Marty for quite sometime. She also plays Oscar's girlfriend Grundgetta. :grouchy:
  20. zns

zns Active Member

Caroll greatly deserved that award in 2006. Despite the limited amount of time he had, he was able to give a fantastic thank you speech and got what is probably one of the highest honors in the media to this very day. Both he and the show itself deserve that kind of recognition.