Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is just a general thread for tonight's appearances.

Big Bird and Elmo were just interviewed on the red carpet. When asked what he was wearing, Big Bird said, "Joan Ganz Cooney." Elmo said, "Barney. But not the dinosaur!" Elmo was also adorable and said, "Yeeeeeah, baby!" They were both spot on--and Caroll was in the bird. Can't wait for the rest of the night! :big_grin:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
They already showed Roscoe along with ELmo and Oscar and that was BEFORE the preformace.

AS for that, it was worth the wait and FYI, it your a fan of this guy...:insatiable:.

Then you know it was good all around.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Overall I thought the tribute performance was pretty good. Highlights were the Oscar, Elmo, & Gordon bits throughout the show, & Cookie Monster eating the Daytime Emmy in the end! Sandra Oh's (sp?) opening in the begining was wonderful, espicially the part talking about Caroll Spinney. Speaking of Mr. Spinney, anyone see the glimpse of his head in the Oscar trashcan? Lol.

The only muppets that were missing were Ernie, Bert, Grover, & Count. Oh well. And congrats to Kevin for winning ANOTHER emmmy, Lol. I think it should've tied for him & Marty though.

It was truely amazing to see the crowd on their feet from the start, as proof of how much SS touched their lives from the very begining. (On a side note, isn't it funny how the crowd gasped when it was mentioned that the show won 118 daytime emmys? rofl at that).

Overall, I give this :wisdom: :wisdom: :wisdom: out of 4 Big Bird heads. Bravo to a show that has set a landmark in television.

zns

Reaction score
Everything about it was just fantastic. I taped it and thought that it was one of their finest moments at the Emmys. Among the attandees were:

Big Bird
Oscar
Cookie Monster
Elmo
Abby Cadabby
Zoe
Sonia Manzano
Bob McGrath
Rosco Orman
Emelio Delgado
Chris Knowings
Carrol-Lynn Parente (who accepted the award)

Forty years and still counting. Congratulations to Sesame Workshop from all us Muppet/Henson fans and supporters.

:wisdom::insatiable::super:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It was an EXCELLENT appearance, and I really, really hope it shows up on YouTube SOON. I was SO thrilled to see all of them. Cookie, Luis, Abby, Zoe, Bob, Elmo, Gordon, Oscar, Chris, Telly, Maria, Big Bird... they were all SO wonderful. They sang revised versions of "People in Your Neighborhood" and "Sing." My favorite line from the whole thing was in "Sing": "Sing of 40 Years--We're still going STRONG!"

It was amazing. Truly a perfect appearance. Sure, we would've all liked to see more characters, but... c'mon. We saw Sesame Street celebrated in all its glory. Each and every person in that audience was on their feet the WHOLE time. Just... stunning. I'm so proud to be a fan of the show who has touched the lives of more people than even The Count could count. Rock on, Sesame Street. :wisdom: :super: :grouchy:

zns

Reaction score
Overall I thought the tribute performance was pretty decent. Highlights were the Oscar, Elmo, & Gordon bits throughout the show, & Cookie Monster eating the Daytime Emmy in the end! Sandra Oh's (sp?) opening in the begining was wonderful, espicially the part talking about Caroll Spinney. Speaking of Mr. Spinney, anyone see the glimpse of his head in the Oscar trashcan? Lol.

The only muppets that were missing were Ernie, Bert, Grover, & Count. Oh well. And congrats to Kevin for winning ANOTHER emmmy, Lol. I think it should've tied for him & Marty though.

Overall, I give this :wisdom: :wisdom: :wisdom: out of 4 Big Bird heads.
I was rooting for Marty as well, but Kevin does a good job on the show too. Everyone involved with the show deserves the honor.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's great. I was at a party all day and I meant to set the DVR for this, but I forgot. SO, someone please YouTube it!

dwmckim

Reaction score
I thought it was also quite the tribute/testiment to the show that Best Childrens' Series Performer nominees were 80% from Sesame...i actually was rooting for Chris not that all the nominated Muppeteers weren't fully deserving, but the guy is one of the show's best human actors - he shines and gives it his all when he's on and even though he's a very recent addition, he feels like he stepped right out of the show's golden age.

Real cool how there were planned and spontaneous little nods to SST all evening - as an OLTL fan, i was so pleased to see Susan Haskell win her much deserved Lead Actress award (that lady is a total acting powerhouse!) for the second time (the announcer goofed saying this was her first Emmy - it's actually her second...of course they also said she played the role of Marty Saybrooke since 1992...which implies she's been on the show playing the role for all that time when in fact she just returned to the show after having left it about a decade ago - and reclaiming it after a really horrible recast nearly destroyed that character) and close out her speech saying she'll try to get all of the Sesame gang's autographs. I was actually kind of hoping her signifigant other, AMC's Thorsten Kaye would have won for Best Actor right after just for the thrill of seeing an off-screen couple win Best Actor/Actress but Christen LaBlanc won me over when he tried to eat his award during his speech ala Cookie!

I also really liked how the Muppeteers came out with the puppets accepting the award...not only was it the characters and the talent behind them that made the show would it was but it was also nice to see them in their gala finery - Fran looked wonderful and David Rudman was just totally dashing! Even though it seems like he's aged pretty quickly, he is still one fine fellow!