1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street at the Macy's Parade - 2011

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Muppet dude, Nov 24, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Anyone else catch this yet? It was pretty brief and unannounced, but it was still a fun romp. Same float as always, and I could see Alan, Luis, Maria, Bob, etc. on the float. Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster were in the nest, and Murray Monster even had a brief solo! (Sounds like Murray's rising up to stardom as much as Abby Cadabby has!)
    Still no Barkley or Alice though :(

And yes, I finally got to see it this year thanks to my mother's better breakfast time planning this year. My brother even noticed Murray Monster bumping his head on the window :p
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I was wondering that if Abby was in a window, who was in the nest with Big Bird and Elmo. Cookie Monster's makin' his way in the world!
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just caught it. It's always on around the first half of the 10 o'clock hour.
    What was great was that they aired a commercial for The Muppets 2011 theatrical release, which I saw last night.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Murray got an actual line in the song. That show's how popular the character has become. No Ovejita with him, though...

Still, for me the highlight of the parade was the New Sonic the Hedgehog balloon. I WISH that was the Macy's annual plush toy, but for some reason it's the Aflac duck. Seriously, isn't it usually whatever balloon heads the parade? I'm glad I got that Sonic plush at a convention this year.
  5. Muppet dude

Yep, it seems like the balloons are becoming less and less of a major parade highlight, in lieu of the constant musical numbers.

Am I still the only one who noticed they still play the old 1992-2006 closing credits theme when announcing the Sesame Street float? I wonder why they didn't update it yet? (Then again, when the Pikachu balloon was seen, they played the old 1998 "Pokémon" opening theme.)
  6. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I was happy to see the SS gang, I feel a little bad that they've been overshadowed a bit by the awesome new Muppet movie, because they are equally important to me in my heart! I'm glad they have kept up the tradition of appearing in the parade. It's always so much fun to see them!
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I missed the SST float, but I did catch the Kermit balloon towards the end... I was kind of hoping for a like a full-blown Muppet float this year in hype of the new movie, but I guess not. Oh well.
  8. I liked the float this year! I had never heard this song before but I love how the adults had little solos in the songs too. I mean when was the last time Alan led a musical number?! I love leela's voice. But, anyone else notice that the float was quite crowded this year? There was like 50 kids with instruments and all the adults were down on the floor too. Nobody was up on the staircases, which would have helped with the clutter. And there like three Muppets in every window and nobody in the first story windows. It all just seemed very crowded. But, who am I to raise an eyebrow? It was a fun performance and I loved watching it
  9. The Count

Glad to have stuck with it to the end to see the Kermit balloon there too.
    BTW: Can anyone give a descript of the Tim Burton entry? Thanks.
  10. Drtooth

A boy consisting of a large blue, crudely sewn together balloonish head and a red and white striped body. It had the Tim Burton signature demented look all while managing to look cute.
  11. The Count

Hmmm... Balloon head you say? Perhaps he was inspired by the similar characters from the Muppet Show?
    Thanks buddy.
  12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Can you post some pictures?
  13. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Like Turkey on Thanksgiving...no Macy's Thanksgiving parade is complete without an appearance or two of the Sesame Street gang. I mean...it has been a parade staple since the show first came into the Parade line-up in the 70s. :wisdom:
  14. Drtooth

More hot air like, since he was crudely stitched up. Not very macabre, but it still manages to have a cute and cuddly touch of demented to it.
  15. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I WAS sooo HAPPY Cookie was in the Big Birds nest with Big Bird (and the RED menace! Tho alot of MC-ers know my feelings for Elmo & Abby!) Im loving that Cookie Monster is making more appearances in toys and stuff!
  16. Muppet dude

Well, Abby Cadabby was right next to Murray Monster in that window. I think Murray and Abby are both approaching the same levels of popularity now.
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Perhaps we can get a Murray Monster balloon for the 2012 parade? :batty:
  18. Drtooth

Anyone else notice they (Sony) randomly renamed the generic Smurf Balloon "Clumsy Smurf" because he was the hero of the movie? It's just funny that EVERY cartoon character balloon in the parade was advertising something... Kung Fu Panda had the DVD and the new cartoon series, Kermit's self explanatory, Spider-Man had that new movie...
  19. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Yes, and also, there was a float that had 10 great characters on it (plus 1 not so great) but no one mentioned them on the show, and they didn't even do a close up of them.:grr: Thankfully a Felix fan shared a photo:
    http://felixfan9000.deviantart.com/art/Cartoon-characters-on-a-float-271468624
    I assume they got zero attention because they have no product to push (that I know of) other than Felix with his Christmas DVD. It's sad that they wouldn't just let us see them a little bit at home, and mention them. It felt like if you blinked, you'd miss them. It does seem to all tie in to selling things - to a greater degree than ever.
  20. Muppet dude

Yep, I also noticed Bugs Bunny got a new costume. It looks different from when I saw Bugs at Six Flags New England last year:
    [​IMG]

I also loved seeing Scooby-Doo on the float. He looks the same as when I also saw him at Six Flags, even though Scrappy-Doo was there too:
    [​IMG]