Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Gordon, Susan, Bob, Miles, Gabbi, Luis, Alan, and Gina were there, along with several kids. Big Bird, Zoe, & Elmo were in BB's nest on the stoop with the adult human cast below. Barkly & Alice Snuffleupagus were walking around the railing. Cookie Monster, Prarie Dawn, Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Grover, Baby Bear, Telly Monster, Herry Monster, The Count, and a new red monster were being performed in the windows (Bert & Ernie in the front above BB's nest). The cast sang "Put On Your Dancing Shoes", the Muppets who had signature character voices recorded were Big Bird, Zoe, and Elmo.

I drew a very rough (and I mean very rough) sketch of how the float looked. I'd play my DVR to get it just right, but the wife is asleep. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/toughie47/MuppetsSesameFloatSketch.jpg
jeffkjoe said:
But I'm pretty sure it was Frannie and Kevin performing Zoe and Elmo based on their signature moves.
Me too. Especially that end-part of the song when Elmo did his little be-bop.

All in all this was an awesome appearance!

EDIT: I just remembered, everyone on the float had their winter gear on, scarves and whatnot. They looked really cool, especially The Count!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks, I beleve they used that flat in pervious years, but I like it.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count was wearing black fur. Was interesting. He didn't have his usual holly sprigged top hat. It looked like one of those furry Russian hats.

BEAR

Reaction score
yeah i guess. lol.

Also, I rewatched the Sesame part of the parade and I did catch a glimpse of Oscar. Sure enough he was on the very back of the float in a large trashcan. I dunno what he did during the song because he could only be seen in a wide shot at the very end. As soon as the song ended he went back in the can and closed the lid. I wonder what he did.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Also, I'm gonna argue that it's 96 percent certain Carroll Spinney did NOT perform Big Bird. I'd bet a million that it was Matt Vogel. Carroll. even complained that as a younger puppeteer, the longest he was able to sustain the puppet over his head was 45 minutes straight in Australia. That was ONE time. The man's 71 now. The limit for being able to hold Big Bird's head, he said, is 11 minutes per stretch. I think it was Matt Vogel performing to Caroll's pre-recorded voice.
Either him or Rick Lyon. He's been on the float a couple of times.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Also, I rewatched the Sesame part of the parade and I did catch a glimpse of Oscar. Sure enough he was on the very back of the float in a large trashcan. I dunno what he did during the song because he could only be seen in a wide shot at the very end. As soon as the song ended he went back in the can and closed the lid. I wonder what he did.
You could see him? Really?!

Guess I'll hafta go watch it again for the 20th time. Yay!

BEAR

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
You could see him? Really?!

Guess I'll hafta go watch it again for the 20th time. Yay!

Yeah, at the end of the song they have a wide shot of the float. Look at the back side and you'll see a little green head poking out and then go inside a big grey trash bin thing.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Cool! I checked it out last night. His trash can was kinda cartoon-ey like the whole float, looked funny!

Too bad he didn't have any speaking parts, but was awesome to see him there. Feels like a complete float to me now.