Sesame Street Bloopers/Technical Difficulties

ssetta

Reaction score
Oh, and I remember another!

"MPT: The Sun Also Rises": When Grover, playing the Farmer is saying, "We will be RUINED!!", the farmer's daughter says her line before Grover is finished, and he whispers, "Hold on, I'm not finished with my acting."

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
In the season premire from the 1980-1981 season Big Bird visits a school and he notices the Alphabet hanging up above the blackboard. And he starts singing ABCDEFGHI, but they used the soudtrack from 1970, and he sounds nothing like he did at the time, then after the song is over he goes back to talking in his modern squeaky voice.

ssetta

Reaction score
His modern voice isn't squeaky, but his voice back in 1970 was.

Splurge

Reaction score
This one I'm not sure about.

But I'm going to guess that in Grover Waiter's "Alphabet Soup", Fat Blue (Jerry) fumbled his line but then recovered. He tells Grover that the 'Y' is missing, and Grover plays along. Then he realizes, "No, I'm wrong. I have the 'Y' there.... It's the 'Z'." Grover responds: "'Z'? You can't always be right."

Splurge

Reaction score
Here's another. In one of my favorite "News Flash" segments, Kermit is interviewing one of the Three Little Pigs, and then the Big Bad Wolf, who blows everything away except the straw house.

The three plants are among the first to be blown away, one by one. When they get to the third on the left side of the camera, look for a human hand to take it away. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I recall a skit back in 2000 or so in which the Count did an improv skit with kids as he counted a painting of clouds.

the Count (Jerry) kept slipping in and out of accent, and he finishes with...

"And You are a couple of wery...interresting..guys..." totally screwing up something he was going to say.

This one you can only get if you watch closely...

In the 2003 JTE skit in which they are on Old MacDonald's farm, near the end when Ernie and Big Bird are singing the "We found Ernie" song, there are cartoon chickens walking buy. near the end of the song, you can clearly see one chicken overlap another chicken which is supposed to be IN FRONT of it... in other words, it looks like a smaller chicken running in mid air!

WiGgY

Reaction score
There are many times in JTE when Ernie forgets to match up with the song. He misses "yoohoo" a few times and sometimes forgets to squeak the ducky. Why do't they do another take when this happens?

Censored

Reaction score
I believe there is a technical blooper in the vintage skit where Grover is in front of a phone booth. He is explaining about a telephone and a bunch of monsters run over him to answer when it rings. The movement in some parts of this skit seemed to be jerky and uneven, as if there was a problem in making the film or tape run smoothly. This is especially noticeable when Grover waves his arm around in the beginning. Does anyone else remember this skit or that glitch?

ssetta

Reaction score
I noticed that when it was on Noggin, but remember, that might simply be from Noggin's copy. I also noticed that on the "Between" song from the late 70s with a green AM between 2 monsters.

By the way, I just thought of another one:

"Mask #18" animation: Many of you who watched SS in the early 90s may remember the mask number series by Sally Cruitshnak, or whatever her last name is. It had marimba music, and numbers that looked like masks. On the #18 version, from 14 on, the audio and the video did not go together. What happened was, 14 was shorter than it was in all the others, and as soon as 15 appeared, we would hear the voices say 14. It was like that all the way up until 18. But when this entire series was sweetened, they fixed that glitch.