Sesame Street Character Theme Songs

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
Grover~"Just a Gigolo" (it was mentioned in a previous thread that he IS quite the ladies man..er ..Muppet)
Yes that was my thread. Incidentally, I sang "Just a Gigolo" in an original new musical celebrating the music of Louis Prima and Keely Smith. What a coincidence.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Oh God. I had a scary thought just now. I just thought of Elmo singing "Hollaback Girl" dressed as Gwen Stefani.

superfan

Reaction score
He could teach us how to spell bananas!
"It's bananas, b-a-na-na-s!"

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Francis didn't sing

GonzoLeaper said:
I think for Sam it'd be The Star Spangled Banner sung by Francis Scott Key!!! After all, he IS Sam the American Eagle!!! :attitude: :attitude: :attitude:
I had it sung by Roseanne as a self deprecating parody. Actually I am a very patriotic person and a history buff, which brings up my next point, Francis Scott Key did not sing his poem. When Francis Scott Key wrote his famous poem (which actually contains three other stanzas in addition to the one traditionally sung at ballgames, the last of which includes the words "In God We Trust") it had no music. It wasn't until a few years later that the poem was put to the tune of an old British drinking song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Grover would go perfect with "I can't get no (Satisfaction)," especially the line about, "I try, and I try, and I try, and I try." Cuz if it's one thing Grover does best, it's trying. Succeeding, no... trying, yes.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
FreddyTheDragon said:
Sung by Rosanne Barr?? :attitude: Knowing Sam..........I think he'd go nucking futs. I can just picture it now.
Let's think FAMILY FORUM gang...I don't want to see such a reference in the future. When we hear that in a Muppets production, I'll allow it--'til then: Nope. I'll need to edit the original post now. Is that something I say in every day conversation? It pops up once in a while. Is it something I'll post on a family forum? No.

I'd appreciate it very much, gang, if you'd help me out here on the boards and consider that you ARE on a family forum, and post accordingly. My rule on posting things is "Has it been used, said, or discussed in a Muppets production," and I still am old-school so "Muppets production" includes SS and FR as well. Some topics have been covered here on the boards that HAVE been covered on shows like SS, but the terminology and level of discussion was not, so it became a topic that fell out of the rules of discussion. Just PLEASE think better in the future, gang, and consider what you're posting before you post it.

Thanks.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Thats awsome!

BEAR said:
Yes that was my thread. Incidentally, I sang "Just a Gigolo" in an original new musical celebrating the music of Louis Prima and Keely Smith. What a coincidence.
It's funny, but the first time I ever heard Louis Prima was listening to my turn-table record of Disneys "Jungle Book" when I was a kid. (He did the voice of "King Loui") I didn't get to hear any of his real work untill I was older, but when I did hear it, I was amazed at how little he had had to do any "acting" when he portrayed King Loui's voice. All he had really had to do was be himself!:wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
It's funny, but the first time I ever heard Louis Prima was listening to my turn-table record of Disneys "Jungle Book" when I was a kid. (He did the voice of "King Loui") I didn't get to hear any of his real work untill I was older, but when I did hear it, I was amazed at how little he had had to do any "acting" when he portrayed King Loui's voice. All he had really had to do was be himself!:wink:

He was an amazing performer, so full of life!