Sesame Street Characters Recalled Due to Lead Paint

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I just saw this on the news. The Fisher-Price line of Sesame Street toys have been recalled as they have lead paint. Over one million toys have been recalled total, mainly Sesame Street and Nickelodeon characters, including Big Bird and Dora the Explorer and others.

Here's what I could quickly find on the web:
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=72232

These types of toys can easily go into a small child's mouth.
Why is anyone still using lead paint?:confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The products, which were made by a Chinese vendor, represent various Nickelodeon and Sesame Street characters, such as Dora the Explorer and Big Bird.
And this, the tainted dog food, the tainted protein shakes, and the Tainted toothpaste aren't a good sign of NOT having things imported from there how?

And seriously, they still make lead paint? I didn't know that. Well, maybe a communist nation run by a bunch of morons that like to cover absolutely everything up, including dangerous viral outbreaks still does.

(I have no problems with the Chinese people, but their government.... oooohhhh makes me glad to be in the US).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it disgusts me that our own country decries child labor and other unfair labor conditions, yet we still benefit from it because another nation practices it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
come on, herald.... you know as much as I do that most US companies want to turn back all their business practices to pre-Teddy Roosevelt era. I bet they'd even bring back slavery if they could! :wink:

Of course, it's not like the US economy isn't hurting because China is so rich they can outsource our outsourcing now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
come on, herald.... you know as much as I do that most US companies want to turn back all their business practices to pre-Teddy Roosevelt era.
Hehe, that's probably true! Like I said, our country is extremely hypocritical in this area (and about our treatment of children in general but that's another story).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyway, I find it no surprise that Mattel is to blame. They really make inferior toys. i bought a Kakashi from naruto and had to return it because it broke out of the package. And the replacement one was broken as well. Feh!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ugh, that's ridiculous when the replacement is also broken!