Sesame Street Christmas songs

Erine81981

Reaction score
How many "Keep Christmas With You" (all through the year) and "We wish you a Merry Christmas" are there? Its just I have three I think of the same song but all sung by different characters. Can someone explain that?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't know about "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," but I can recall three versions of "Keep Christmas With You."

The first was on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" where Bob and the kids did the song in sign langauge. Then the kids sang it again at the end and the lyrics were posted on the screen. Then the entire cast sang the song at the end of "Elmo Saves Christmas." There might have been more than that on albums or whatever, but those are the only three versions I know of.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I don't know about "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," but I can recall three versions of "Keep Christmas With You."

The first was on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" where Bob and the kids did the song in sign langauge. Then the kids sang it again at the end and the lyrics were posted on the screen. Then the entire cast sang the song at the end of "Elmo Saves Christmas." There might have been more than that on albums or whatever, but those are the only three versions I know of.
I believe a different version was recorded for a Sesame Street Christmas Album. Actually two, now that I think about it. One for the original release(probably in the late 70's early 80's). And another for a re-release with certain parts re-recorded with different characters for an updated version(to add Elmo's voice for example). I believe I have both versions on MP3.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here is what I have of:

Keep Christmas with you - Bob and the Kids (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street record)
Keep Christmas with you - The Entire Cast (Chrismtas Eve on Sesame Street record)
Keep Christmas with you - The Entie Cast (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street record) I guess it's also but it shows only two version are on the record. (the website that shows it) But when you listen it has David singing a part in the song. Where does this version go?
Keep Chrismtas with you (all through the years) - (Sing along Chrismtas Record) This one I don't know. I just know that David is not in this version. When I download the songs (from which I can't rememeber) I didn't either get this one or they didn't have it.

I don't have any of the record version or the renewed one (which I never cared about) But there are like five version counting the renewed one. This is what I came up with. Here is the website about all the SS records. Three are Christmas ones.

http://members.tripod.com/hooperfan/Music.html/Albums.html