1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Classic Episodes Vol. 1 now available for download on iTunes and Amazon

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Frodis Member

So what do you guys think of these new episodes? Which ones have you purchased?
  2. ISNorden Active Member

I too keep my collection of Sesame Street episodes (about 65+ now) on an external hard drive; when an hour of video takes up half a gigabyte, I need all the room a fan can get! :insatiable:
  3. ISNorden Active Member

So far, all I could afford was half the package--so I spent 13 dollars on all the Season 1 shows, Telly's debut, and Barkley's renaming. The rest will have to wait for a month, but it'll be totally worth the time!
  4. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I wonder about downloading the whole thing, because that would cost a lot on iTunes, unless I can get it for rental or something like that. I'll have to take a look at the free one when I get a chance to download that.
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've read at Tough Pigs that while the first episode is presented uncut, the cleaning film is removed from episode 123. Odd that they could get it cleared for one episode (where it was cut on the DVD releases) yet not on another.
  6. gbrobeck Member

I bought all the episodes as a whole yesterday (much cheaper that way-- $17.99 as opposed to 23.88) plus I had a $15 iTunes gift card I hadn't used yet.

Very impressed by the episodes, and I hope they keep it up. Would be glad to help with complete sketch listings if I knew where and how to post such a thing,
  7. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, I'm not too worried about the first episode since I saw that on You Tube pretty recently. I wouldn't mind seeing 'Bob's Deaf Friend' though. Seems like he has quite a few connections with deaf people. {Ex: Linda, Samara, Ed (from another 80s episode)}
  8. Larxene Member

Bluh. Kinda rude - I can't use iTunes on my computer. I get a stability warning if I even try to install it. Let's hope they offer them on Amazon soon.
  9. MrMuppetPuppet New Member

I had received an email about this from my internet service, so I checked into it to see if I could finally see some shows that are not on the DVDs! I once had Itunes, but never used it. so when I saw that I had to install it again to be able to see these, I downloaded it and went ahead and attempted to install it. well, it took 15 minutes for the program to begin the install, but then would not finish. half way through, I got an error message that said "a program required for this install to complete could not be run. contact your pacakage vendor". I assume that would be Itunes. but how do you contact them? anyway, I am unable to see these now. I don't know what the legalities are once you have them on your hard drive (i.e. can they be burned to DVD), but if it is allowed and if anyone were able to do that, I would be willing to buy select shows from someone. does anyone even know if Itunes or Sesame Workshop is allowing transfers from hard drive to DVD?
  10. snugbug2009 New Member

i hope they add more episodes, i bought a few from itunes and I have the old school volume 2. Does anyone know if they will ever make a volume 3? I wonder why they don't release a few episodes per season on dvd? I mean they sort of did that with "old school" but more episodes would have been nice. And what about the eighties? Once you start watching classic sesame street a few episodes floating around won't do.
  11. The Mush New Member

Hopefully, this'll spark more classic Sesame DVDs, like the Old School sets, but with more episodes, rather than season premires and selected sketches. Or more Old School. Hopefully both.
  12. The Mush New Member

For some reason the Old School CDs follow a similar pattern
  13. Sesame Skates Member

Okay, what do we have to do to get 'em to crank out Vol. 2?
  14. Feefle New Member

Hello, it's my first post here!
    I'm in the UK and have been trying to download these episodes all week. They're not available in the UK store, and so far trying to get a US itunes account has proved far too difficult for someone as bad with computers as me! Does anyone know of a way around this? I'm DESPERATE to own them!!
  15. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! I've only just seen this thread. This looks great!

I hope they release this on DVD, or at least on UK iTunes :(
  16. zns Active Member

Is there any way that shows can be copied on DVD? I don't have iTunes and I would love to see them for myself rather than just clips on youtube.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  17. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Me too!
  18. InvaderZim Member

These episodes have recently been released on Australia's iTunes store.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  19. Sesame Skates Member

It's making me CRAZY that no one is cranking out any more Sesame 70s episodes! I bet the power$ that be weren't even BORN when these were big! All they care about is $$$$! :mad:
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Naw... if they did, they'd probably sell more. There's clearly a market for classic Sesame Street material, and if it's digital downloads, they get that pesky problem of DVD releasing and having to deal with Brick and Mortar retailer that would rather just sell Blu-Ray copies of movies that just came out on DVD.

It's a very obvious problem. Sesame Street has well over 4000 episodes, at least 1315 of them from the 70's, and most of them reruns with new footage. Not to mention they must have to pay some royalties for celebrity appearances. It's not so much a matter of money as a matter of hassle. I'm sure SW would find a better way to get some of these out, but at the time being this was a testing the waters release.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.