Sesame Street Dream

Xerus

Reaction score
I've had quite a few SS nightmares when I was a kid. One's where either the leopard chasing lion, the yakity yakity yak, the hungry red M, or the V is for vampire bat would jump out of my TV set and eat me. Whenever these (arch enemies) I called them came on my TV screen in real life, I'd end up running out of the room.

Also, I remember this totally weird dream when I was a kid. My friends and I were having a watermelon festival in the park. We were having watermelon pie, watermelon soda, watermelon cotton candy, and plain watermelons.

Then a giant monster W came charging from the horizon! We all grabbed our watermelons and ran for that W wanted to steal them from us. A group of people hid in a bush, and I saw the W jump into that bush and beat up those poor people. Then I woke up. And I still get a little nervous whenever I see a giant W!

Dantecat

Reaction score
I had a dream yesterday about Emilo Delgado.(The Actor Who Played Luis)What happens is that I meet him,He was a pretty nice guy,I asked him how Sonia Manzano is(The Actress Who Played Maria)and he said I think she's good,I got his autograth,and I asked him when will Classic SS Episodes will be released on DVD yet and he just said I really hope they do!It will be so great if that happen.

What do you just think of this?

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
Here are a few that I had:

* The SS cast (humans and Muppets) celebrate Oscar's birthday - Friday episode from the spring of 1976, features a full scrolling credits sequence with still pictures from previous scenes in the show and white text in a Helvetica-style font going up the screen on top of them. (I dreamt this one in June 2001, at the end of my sophomore year at high school.)

* Another Season 7 episode, this one from 1975, in which Oscar is talking to someone outside his trash can; it is the last scene in the show, and Bob announces that the show is sponsored by the letter G, then we see a slide of someone holding the CTW sign, and the picture dissolves to a black background with text that says, "SESAME STREET and the SESAME STREET sign are trademarks and service marks of" and then bigger yellow letters that say "CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP". Underneath is the copyright in very small letters, dated 1975. Then the camera actually zooms in on the copyright date! Then we see the sponsors of the show in white letters, in some type of 1970's font. (I dreamt this one the same night as the one above.)

* A Friday episode from 1976 in which Mr. Hooper (believe it or not) receives his high school diploma and gives a speech! One sketch that is included in that episode is the animated alphabet segment that starts with fireworks exploding with trumpet music for the soundtrack. In the closing credits, we see a still picture of Mr. Hooper sitting at a table outside eating lunch, and the alphabet in lowercase letters scrolls up the screen! After that, the show's sponsors (like the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the Ford Foundation) are shown with small white text on a black background, and the backers credits music plays very slowly! (I had this dream in December 2001 or January 2002, months before I discovered this forum and read the Mr. Hooper death episode thread with the part about Mr. Hooper actually receiving his diploma and Big Bird losing the speech that Mr. Hooper was supposed to give.)

* Episode #2293: I think it had the same plot as the real episode, but it looked like it was made in 1977 or 1978! Also, there was a game show hosted by Guy Smiley or Sonny Friendly! (I had that dream during the 2002-03 school year, may have been March 2003, when I really missed having a copy of that episode.)

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Man, some of those wierd and nightmarish dreams you guys have about sesame street make me laugh!

denimalex

Reaction score
Off the top of my head there are two that I can think of: one this September and one probably in 1985 or so when I was ten.

The september one was straight forward: I fell asleep on the couch watching some stuff on PBS. Shortly before I awoke I dreamt that I was talking to some friends and Ernie shows up. I am wondering what he is doing there, but continue on with my business.
When I did wake up, a few minutes later I remembered the dream and the presence of Ernie. I'm thinking What The Heck (I'm almost thirty) - only to realize that Sesame Street had been on during the final hour of my sleeping.

The other one was another Ernie dream, the final thought in a unnerving collection of dreams I had that morning in the mid 80s and was a bit off color.
It was a typical E&B apartment scene where Ernie said to Bert that he was not feeling good. It progressed to the point where Ernie was exclaiming that he was going to throw up, but he was just standing there instead of going to the bathroom. "oh no, this is terrible," he shrieked and Bert said "What do you want me to do?"
I changed thoughts in my sleep subconsciously to avoid the inevitable (actually seeing Ernie barf) and woke up soon thereafter. It's quite funny now.

Oh and an indirect one - and I think that it was relative to the ice skating video with Feliz Navidad or some other music to it (I was probably about eight for this one).
In relation to ice skating - I dreamt that the local mall was closed for the night and I was the only one there. Somehow I had learned to ice skate (because I couldn't do it in real life) and the porcelain floors of the mall (two stories tall) were ice. I sailed across the ice with a make believe Steadicam behind me capturing everything. Then I jumped from the second floor to the first (A height difference of about 15 feet), landed and felt it, then continued on. I think that there were disco balls hanging from the ceilings and pretty music.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Dreams I had about Sesame Street:

A gameshow segment begins, and the usual Guy Smiley Muppet introduces himself as "Joe Boe". Note that he introduced himself, rather than the usual announcer. Same voice as Guy Smiley. Was there ever really such a character? The only other Sesame Street gameshow host I remember was known as "Sonny Friendly".

I had one dream in which I was watching that weather guy/orchestra conductor, who actually simulated the announced weather phenomenon indoors. He made it snow, and I said "Oh no, what about the tomatoes?" referring to the tomato plants in our real-life backyard, which I understood would be destroyed by the below-freezing weather accompanying the snow. (After thinking of this carefully, it may have actually been the segment in Kermit or some other muppet decides to imagine what the pictured setting would be like at different seasons of the year, including winter snowfall)

I'm sure there were others, but at present I can only think of one nightmare for which the blame could be pinned on Sesame Street. There was this sketch in which Kermit was teaching us the difference between large and small, and stood between two monsters of different sizes to demonstrate. At the end of the skit, an enormous monster, almost like an overgrown walrus with no fangs appears behind Kermit, and he says "...but next time I will talk about HUGE" and runs off. That monster fatally attacked me in a dream.

You know the sketch in which Ernie tries to snap a photograph of his batch of 7 chocolate cupcakes? I had one dream in which I sort of watched that from the other side of the wall. I distinctly remember that Ernie pulled his "extra" cupcakes from a plastic Baggie.

DTF

Reaction score
You changed thoughts in your dream? Cool, I can do that too, and could as a kid, to some degree, but it works witht he right thought maybe 20% of the time, and the other 80% it's like my brain says "okay, you don't like my idea, well I don't like yours, let's try a 3rd, random one." But it did help get rid of my nightmares.

Counting backwards scared me a little as a kid - I recal one segment I dreamed where several mupets were counting backwards, and somehow I knew it had been from something big like 100, but as they got close to zero I had this feeling the TV set was going to blast off, as it wobbled a lot, so I scampered away fromt he set, and my movement in bed woke me up. (No, my mom didn't count & expect me to listen by a certain number, that would be a logical explanation if she had. My only thought for the spaceship-type countdown was I was heavily into space, Star Trek reruns especially, when I was 6 or 7; I was aa very bright kid.)

Another time, they had the chef who has 10 chocolate layer cakes, but he had one of some kind of cake, and tripped and fell, except he wound up smooshing himself in the face with the cake! Was that chef on anything besides "10" in RL?

Though I'm 35, I occasionally have TV show dreams, but none about SS since I was was wee little. Part of this is b/c when I've dreamed, since I was small, most of the time I'm a character; the dad on "Full House" for instance. I guess part of me figured it was more realistic to be Captain Kirk than Big Bird. (Now watch, Is ay this and I will have one tonight, it happens sometimes when I've been reading something a lot, that I'll have one. I'll let you know if I do :smile:

Sunrise

Reaction score
Nightmare

The only SS dream I had was a nightmare, when I was four or five. I was lying in bed and dreaming I was awake, and that there was this Grover-ish looking monster sitting on top of this wardrobe that faced my bed, just STARING at me. When I told him to go away, he said "NO," in this deep, growly, scary voice. And continued to stare menacingly. I remember my mother running into my room in response to my screams. No doubt she debated whether to let me continue to watch SS. It's so funny because of all the SS monsters, Grover is the LAST one you'd think would be scary, especially as he has always been my favorite character! Strange how the subconscious mind works...

Andrew T

Reaction score
I find reading about others' Sesame Street-related dreams to be both fascinating and occasionally hilarious.

Just a couple days ago, I had a dream in which Jim Henson (very much alive and well :cry: ) came to the door of our house for a small social gathering holding the Guy Smiley puppet. Not much happened beyond that, though.

I also remember part of an odd dream I had way back in 1989 or 1990, when I was four and watched Sesame Street every day. Ernie materialized from a viewpoint below eye level, and began alternately pointing up and down, chanting "UP...and DN!" (pronounced something like "din") over and over again. Bert may have been there too, but he didn't say anything, except perhaps look at Ernie annoyed. The elevator controls at the local library used to be labeled with the letters "UP" and "DN," so that was where that came from.

Unfortunately, I can't distinctly remember anything beyond that right now.

zns

Reaction score
Many of the dreams that I've had in my life have been around the Sesame Muppets, and occasssionaly about skits and episodes. When I was three years old (this is not exactly Sesame related), I dreamed that I was in my old preschool. In the nursery room, Baby Fozzie and Baby Animal were having a conversation about the babies in the room. When I left the room, the adult Animal and Cookie monster grabbed ahold of me and started mimicaly biting me, but I am sure that they were just having fun with me. I also had another dream around that time where Ernie and Bert were pulling me in a little red wagon. What's funny is that they were shown full body-like, but not costume wise. Anyway, they pulled me over to the enterence of a cave, when a big non-Muppet bear popsm out and roars at us. At that moment Ernie and Bert pull me away in the wagon and run off in terror, with me looking pack with a stunned look on my face. Of course, there are other dreams with the Muppets such as Big Bird, Kermit, and even Sweetums and Thog, but that's another story.