1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Encyclopedia is online!

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Thijs, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Thijs Member

Well, my page is online.
    On Sesame Street Encyclopedia I am working on an index of as many Sesame Street characters as possible. But, I only put a character online if I have a picture and/or bio of him/her.
    As you can see it`s more functional then beautiful:D
    I already have some rare pics (thanks to Punknpuppets).
    As you shall see, at this time Herry is the only one who has a bio (tough I know there are far more facts about him, a bio is never complete, just as this site is never complete). To make the other bio`s, I need your help.

Post in this thread everything you know about each Sesame Street character; what he/she looks like, what he/she wears. Who is the performer. What is his/her most famous song. What kind of character is it. When did he/she make his/her debut. Is it still on Sesame Street. Post it, and I will put it online.

And if you have pictures for me that the site misses, or you have a better picture then the one that is online, email me.

The site`s adress is http://www.angelfire.com/film/tvdomburg/

The site`s emailadress is sesamestreetencyclopedia@hotmail.com

Maybe each character is little bit to much. But if you want to post everything you know, you`re welcome of course. But for the people who know very much about Sesame Street, and don`t know where to start, let`s start with...Praire Dawn (and of course Herry, I am sure there is ore to tell about him).

Greetings, Thijs

(sorry my site looks awful, but it`s my first ok. I think, at the moment, the functionality is far more important)
  2. Ryan New Member

Nice! I just sent you an email about the web site.
  3. Thijs Member

Snuffleupagus

I updated my site today. I added Snuffy`s bio.
    http://www.geocities.com/tvdomburg/a.html
    I too added Alice` bio, but that one is very short. Please post facts about Alice, so I can add them.
  4. tommytokyo New Member

Great Idea!

Be sure to add in some obscure characters like:

Osvaldo the Grouch

Chicago the Lion

P.D. (Or Petey?) that kid who was always breakdancing.
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Do you want a picture of Monty? How about a better Don Music Picture?

E-mail me at lloydnebulon@yahoo.com for any questions you may have!
  6. scarecroe Active Member

Glad to see someone taking on this project! I hope you're willing to keep the site going with updates and a lot of folks can help you out with the more obscure characters which I look forward to seeing.

Is this a sub-site to Muppet Central? I noticed a Muppet Central banner on the bottom of almost every page.
  7. Thijs Member

Muppet Central is a site every visitor of my site should visit. And I hope more people will help me (and Scooter, he is going to make the new layout, this version is just the alpha), and I think the best chance to get those people to help me is on the MC forum.
    And those banners look great:D

Maybe somebody could tell me more about Alice Snuffleupagus. I don`t know a thing about here.
  8. Cantus Rock New Member

Tommie, you should really get in touch with The Count about this. The man has a listing of every character in the world when it comes to Sesame Street. I don't know about pictures and bios, though. At any rate you should talk to him.

Good job taking this project on. I wanted to do something similar, but it became too much of a project. Hats off to you pal! :D

-Matt
  9. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tommie,

The Blue Honker with the Green Hair (He has more hair than in the picture now), His name is Homer.

See ya
  10. Thijs Member

Alice Snuffleupagus?????

Thanks BlueFrackle. I will put him apart. I didn`t know those guys have names.
    And Matt, Count already had contact with me in the official Herry thread, and wrote me a great Herry bio. For the pics I have already contact with Scooter, Punkn and Dr. Tooth. Scooter is going to help with the bios too.

But somebody! Help me with Alice Snuffleupagus!!!
  11. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tommie,

No Problem.

Alice Snuffleupagus
    Snuffy's two-year old sister, Who is just learning about the world.
    She does whatever her brother does, She's half Snuffy's size and is worked by a single Puppeteer - Judy Sladky.
    Her eyes and mouth are remote controlled, as Judy uses her arms and legs to work Alice's legs.

- From Sesame Street Unpaved

I dont mind helping with pictures either, So let me know.
    I have Sesame Street Unpaved
    which has Bio's and Pic's so its no problem for me.

I would suggest that you also add the names of the Puppeteer or Puppeteers who performs the Muppet.

See ya
  12. Thijs Member

Re: Tommie,

ah, that`s great BlueFrackle! maybe I should buy unpaved. There is an american bookshop in amsterdam, maybe i can order or buy it there.
    and, of course I will add performers to the bio`s. Of some characters, I only know the performer:). Count also requested to describe the character, for the visiually handicapted among us. I promise I will do that too.

Thijs
  13. hdofu New Member

Great idea, my only suggetion would be dress up the main page. Maybe a big cast pic.
  14. Thijs Member

I am looking for one. Maybe I make one.
  15. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tommie,

I have some more pictures for you, Email me so we can chat !

Do you have AOL or MSN Instant Messengers ?

I would like to suggest a few things about the site.

See ya
  16. BlueFrackle Active Member

Tommie,

Hey,
    Here is what i thought about the site.

Have each 'Letter Page' have thumbnails of the Muppets and there names.
    When you click on the thumbnail it will bring you to the info page, Like this -
    http://www.angelfire.com/space/fragglechat/Sesame.html

What do you think ?

See ya
  17. BlueFrackle Active Member

18. BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

I dont know how i done this, I was supposed to reply to 'Sesame Street Encyclopedia is online!'.

Sorry
  19. Phillip Administrator

I moved your posts for you BlueFrackle. Welcome back home by the way. Hope that you had a wonderful time on your trip.
  20. BlueFrackle Active Member

Phil,

Thanks !

I did !