Sesame Street Encyclopedia letter of the day: A

Thijs

Reaction score
Hi everybody, Warrick and I are busy updating the Sesame Street Encyclopedia. That means adding more and more characters, plus adding more information about the characters. And we are going to add a performers guide in the future, and maybe even an episode guide.

There is only one big problem, and that is our server, Angelfire. We have a limited bandwith to use, and our site is unavailable for a couple of hours each day. We are thinking of a .com adress.

Although Warrick and I create and conceive the site, we are dependent on muppet-fans, who have sent us pictures and info of the characters. We hope that there are some fans who can help us here. Because there is so much to ask on the forum about the characters, I decicded to take one letter each time. Let's start with the letter A:

We have these characters so far:
((c) means the bio is complete, but check it on the site if you can add some facts if you like)

Alice Snuffleupagus: (c)

Alladin: (c)

Aristotle: We still don't know a thing about this character. We are even doubting if he was ever on Sesame Street. The picture comes from a Sesame Street magazine.

Alphabeats: Richard Hunt performed one of them, but who performed the others? They disppeared with Little Chrissy in 1993. But Chrissy made a cameo-comeback in 1999. Was that with or without the Alphabeats?

These characters are missing, if you have a picture of one or more of them, we would be very glad:

Alejandro, from Alejandro's Car Lot
Alice from Alice in Wonderland
The Alphabet Explorer
The Androoze Sisters
Andy "Candy"
Angry Guy
Annie Afghan
Arlene Frantic
Athena, Hoots's Granddaughter
Aunt Cloey, Zoe's Aunt

Greetings from Thijs and Warrick

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here are some sources for you and Warrick to search for the pics you need.
Alice, from SS News Flash of Alice In Wonderland. Your best bet is to get some Unpaved episodes for this character.
Andy "Candy". Search out any Unpaved or modern episode that has the classic Captain Vegetable sketch/song on it and not the remake with John Leguizamo and Elmo.
The Androoze Sisters. Watch for any Unpaved episodes featuring Bip Bippadotta and the Androoze Sisters singing "Everybody's Song."
Aunt Cloey, Zoe's Aunt is from a more modern episode, not sure if it was Season 30 or 31.
Annie Afghan. I could probably get you the photo of her and her cohosts from WOOF Radio, but you and I will have to wait until I get that episode from my trading partner, Justin Faulknor. Don't know when I'll get it though.
Angry Guy.
Alphabet Explorer, The.
These are both unknown characters to me, got them from a fellow fan's website which has fallen into disuse. If I find the link, I'll post it here so that you can go there and check it out yourself to see if there are pics of the characters listed there.
Alejandro, from Alejandro's Used Car Lot. Let me know if you find a pic of this character, so you or someone else can describe what he looks like to me. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find one though cause this character is similar to Charlie from Charlie's Restaurant. Both of them were the owners/managers of places where Grover was employed, and he just called out to his bosses and came back into the screen with the order. The sketch can be found on certain Unpaved or more modern episodes of the Street if you wish to seek it out and see for yourself if the character did indeed appear on screen.
Aristotle. The most probable on-screen appearance of this character would be in the background of the song "Me Got to Be Blue" sung by Cookie Monster with lots of other blue SS monsters in the background. Can't say for sure if he did or didn't appear in this one, but it would be your best bet. Also, I've got the magazine issue where your photo of the character most probably comes from. If I remember right, the thing about this character was that he was supposed to be a super-smart monster, always thinking about different things and how to solve problems. A real thinker like his name suggests.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Count,

It ain't a bad idea to hunt for Unpaved episodes. But somebody who can make screencaps would be more terrific.

Thanks for your help Count, especially the facts about Aristotle!!! We finally have a description of him. I posted the Letter of the day on Toughpigs too, and now we have pictures of Alice in Wonderland, Arlene Frantic and Bennett Snerf!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear of your success. You think I oughta register over at ToughPigs too and ask for help from their people to see if there's anyone I've missed for my project as well? Thanks for the help and have a good day.