Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Just to confirm this hasn't been destroyed (though you clearly don't understand SS's vaults if you even thought this was a possibility), a Lost Media Wiki member emailed Craig Shemin (president of the Jim Henson Legacy [he knows him]), and he confirmed it hasn't been destroyed... better yet, he said someone who has connections is trying to get it released!

gravy

Reaction score
Just to confirm this hasn't been destroyed (though you clearly don't understand SS's vaults if you even thought this was a possibility), a Lost Media Wiki member emailed Craig Shemin (president of the Jim Henson Legacy [he knows him]), and he confirmed it hasn't been destroyed... better yet, he said someone who has connections is trying to get it released!
That's good news!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"Good news is blowin' in your window...

Good news is knockin' on your door...."

That's good to know the episode still exists (and it should be expected too). I don't think that means we have a good chance of getting the episode to see the light of day, but who knows where the future will take us....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly though, I thought of something.....

Maybe for a limited time, the episode could be put up somewhere like VHX? I doubt many kids even use it anyway, and this would only be aimed for hardcore Old School fans

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel about as skeptical of this information as I did about the person whose mom works there, said it was lost in storage, and that it hasn't been digitized due to an unwritten rule against it. And there have been a number of times I believed similar-sounding info that others were skeptical of (especially info that turned out to be true). I hope I am wrong in being skeptical here.

The main thing I am skeptical about is that Craig Sherman said it. Craig Sherman is a historian at The Jim Henson Company, but I don't think he works for Sesame Workshop (though the two companies work together). Maybe he does have more active involvement there than I would expect, maybe he is an official employee at both places and I don't know it, but this seems like something I wouldn't expect The Jim Henson Company to know. But this is one thing I really hope I am wrong about.

In thinking about what was previously said about the unwritten rule about not digitizing the episode, I thought about the old article that said they digitized every episode, and started thinking it might be better/easier to say that they digitized every episode instead of "we digitized all but one episode". And saying that in an article would open up a lot of questions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I feel about as skeptical of this information as I did about the person whose mom works there, said it was lost in storage, and that it hasn't been digitized due to an unwritten rule against it. And there have been a number of times I believed similar-sounding info that others were skeptical of (especially info that turned out to be true). I hope I am wrong in being skeptical here.

The main thing I am skeptical about is that Craig Sherman said it. Craig Sherman is a historian at The Jim Henson Company, but I don't think he works for Sesame Workshop (though the two companies work together). Maybe he does have more active involvement there than I would expect, maybe he is an official employee at both places and I don't know it, but this seems like something I wouldn't expect The Jim Henson Company to know. But this is one thing I really hope I am wrong about.

In thinking about what was previously said about the unwritten rule about not digitizing the episode, I thought about the old article that said they digitized every episode, and started thinking it might be better/easier to say that they digitized every episode instead of "we digitized all but one episode". And saying that in an article would open up a lot of questions.
Don't mind me asking but which article was this?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, and I also emailed someone who said they had it and to this day I'm still being sent endless phishing attacks, but there's always the possibility.

Edit: It was actually a very elaborate scheme. The person said it was like 11 minutes worth of footage, only contained the street segments... the lengths people will go to to spam users about a "lost" SS episode...

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Yeah, seemed too good to be true..... but coulda fooled me I guess.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't mind me asking but which article was this?
I'll have to find it. I know I saw a thread at Muppet Central a few years ago that had the link (or maybe it reprinted the old article), and I remember seeing it around 1999, but I'm actually having trouble finding it in Google.

derpmaster23

Reaction score
A big reason they haven't released it is because they can only release episodes for a certain amount of time before they aren't relevant anymore. Older episodes would get released on Itunes or clips generally get uploaded to youtube, I feel we need to make ourselves noticed more to get this episode released.