Sesame Street Fan-Fic: Street Smarts

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, here we are everyone, the first minutes of March 30th. Hmm, what's so special about this day you ask? ...Got me. ...What's this? *reads memo* "Memo to myself: Post fan-fic on March 30th in honor of Lisa's birthday." ...I still don't see what the big- ...Ohhhhh. Well... Yeah, you heard the memo! So, here it is!

-~-~-~-~-

One! One Chapter! Ah ah ah!

"La de da de dum..." Super Grover flew through the endless blue sky. "Oh what a beautiful sunny day," the furry-blue-super-monster said. "Oh, and if that does not remind me of a song, I do not know what will!"

Super Grover dove down from his height above the most famous street in the world. Landing, in a crash of course, in a very familiar pile of trash. "Uch!" Super Grover stood up, dusting himself off. "That landing stunk!"

The most prominent trash can lid flipped off the tin and a green, fuzzy, Grouch shot up out of it. "Hey!" Oscar shouted. "What do you think you’re doing?!"

"Hello there Grouchy," Super Grover addressed the grouchiest Grouch of them all. "It is I, SU-" Super Grover held the sound. "-Per Grover!"

"I know who ya are!" Oscar said. "What I want to know is why you’re here!"

"Oh! Oh! Very valid question! I am here to sing the opening song!" Super Grover informed him.

"Figures..." Oscar muttered. "Well, just leave me out of it!" Oscar retreated back into his home.

"Hmm, he forgot to tell me to-" Super Grover began.

Oscar shot back out of his can. "Oh, and I almost forgot."

"Forgot what, Grouchy?"

"SCRAM!" Oscar shouted, going back into his can.

Super Grover nodded. "Much better." Super Grover made his way out of the pile of trash, onto the sidewalk. "Now all I need to do is find a phone booth that will suit my outfit changing needs!"

Super Grover leaned on a tall green light post. "Hmm, now if I were a telephone booth on Sesame Street, where would I be?" Super Grover asked himself. "Oh! I know! I would be on Sesame Street of course!"

While Super Grover pondered this conundrum a small purple speck flew in front of his face. "Hey there, son, I think I can help you with your little problem here," the speck said.

"AH!" Super Grover jumped up. "Who was that with the obvious country twang to his voice?!"

"I say, it was me son," the speck flew in front of Super Grover’s eyes to catch his attention. "Mayor Twiddlebug’s the name, it’s a pleasure."

Super Grover extended his furry, blue finger for the speck to land on. "Mayor Twiddlebug?" Super Grover asked.

"Yes’m," the Twiddlebug nodded. "Mayor of Sesame Street, at your service."

Mayor Twiddlebug was a rather plump, purple Twiddlebug with a monocle and a top hat. He had a distinguishing banner across his chest that read "Mayor".

"Really?" Super Grover asked. "I did not know Sesame Street had a mayor."

"Well, ‘mayor’ is sort of an assumed name for the person who holds the deed to the Street," Mayor Twiddlebug told the super monster.

Super Grover nodded. "Oh, I see now. But um, you said you knew how to help me find a phone booth?"

"Indeed I do," Mayor Twiddlebug flew into the air. "Right over there," he pointed Super Grover down the sidewalk aways.

"Oh! I see it now!" Super Grover said. "Thank you very much sir! Until we meet again!" Super Grover took off down the sidewalk. "What a nice, plump little bug."

Super Grover made his way down the sidewalk to the phone booth in front of Hooper’s Store. He looked in both directions before stepping inside. "You can never be too careful you know."

The phone booth rumbled around as Super Grover grunted inside. The doors to the green phone booth flung open and Grover popped out. "Hello everybodeeeeeee!" he shouted. "Welcome to Sesame Street!"

Herry Monster began to drum on a set of metal barrels outside Hooper’s Store as a fanfare of monsters, animals, humans, and whatever joined in the joyous romp.

"Sunny day,
Sweepin’ the clouds away,
" Grover started singing.

"On my way
To where the air
Is sweet!
"

"Can you tell me how to get
How to get to
Sesame Street?
" the gatherers sang.

"Come and play," Big Bird joined in.
"Everything’s-"

"A-okay!" everyone shouted in response.

"Friendly neighbor’s there," Bert sang.

"That’s where we meet!" Ernie continued.

"Can you tell me how to get
How to get to
Sesame Street?
" Prairie Dawn, Zoe, and Rosita sang.

"Ah! That’s sewen! Sewen singers! Ah ah ah!" The Count counted with the usual response from the heavens.

"It a magic carpet ride!" Cookie Monster sang. "Mmm, tasty carpet..."

"Every door will open wide
To happy people like you!
" Elmo pointed to all his friends.

"Happy people like-" Telly started.

"What a beautiful-" Herry sang.

"Sunny day!" Maria sang, wrapping her arm around Elmo.

"Sweepin’ the clouds away," Gordon and Susan sang.

"On my way to
Where the air is sweet," Bob sang.

"Can you tell me how to get," Alan sang from a window in Hooper’s Store, with Baby Bear by his side.

"Como llegar a Sesame Street?" Luis added.

"How to get to Sesame Street?" Mr. Snuffleupagus sang from the middle of the street, since he couldn’t fit in amongst the crowd.

"How to get to Sesame Street," Gabi and Miles sang mixed in with a pack of chickens and penguins.

"Brawk bagawk bawk-"

"Wack wha whack wack!"

Hoots the Owl flew down and landed on top of the phone booth. "Da ba dee da doo doo!" he scatted before blowing on his saxophone.

"How to get to Sesame Street!" Gina sang, bouncing her new baby Marco in her arms.

Oscar had finally had enough and came out of his can, halting the music instantly. "Hey! HEY!" he shouted. "Why do you need to know how to get to Sesame Street?!" he shouted. "You’re already there!"

All of the singers exchanged glances of confusion. "Um, may I?" Grover asked.

"By all means," Gordon said.

"It is very simple Grouchy!" Grover told Oscar.

"Oh yeah? How so?"

"We just needed something to sing about, of course!" Grover grinned.

"Of course!" everyone agreed as the music resumed.

"How to get to-" they started the final line.

"Sesame Street!" a tall man in a business suit threw his arms out to his sides. "Finally! You don’t know how hard it is to find this place! Every time you ask someone how to get here they break out into song!"

Everyone began to disperse towards the business suit man. Elmo being the quickest and most persistent.

"Um, excuse Elmo," the furry red monster tugged at the man’s coat. "But Elmo would like to be the first to welcome you to Sesame Street!"

Business suit man stared down at the monster. "Right," he muttered. "Excuse me sir," he addressed Gordon. "You don’t seem to be childish, discolored, fuzzy, feathered, or a large, shaggy, elephant-like creature."

Gordon rose his eyebrows. "Uh, well yes, I’m not any of those things, not that there’s anything wrong with any of those things. You see we accept every-"

"Good, yeah, fill me in on your Nobel Peace Prize-worthy mission statement later," business suit man cut Gordon off. "Just tell me where I might find the deed holder of this street and I’ll be on my way."

"Now just a second here-" Gordon started again.

"Do not fret Gordon," Grover said. "I know exactly what you are going to say. ‘I did not even know Sesame Street had a mayor with a deed’. Correct? Well! That is where I, cute, furry, adorable Grover comes in!"

Everyone looked to the monster. "Grover," Big Bird said. "Do you know who has the deed?"

"Of course I do, my fine-feathered-friendly-fowl!" Grover smiled. "It is Mayor Twiddlebug of course!"

"Mayor Twiddlebug?" the crowd asked in unison.

"You rang?" the purple speck that was Mayor Twiddlebug flew down into the crowd.

As the bug landed on the asphalt of the street the crowd bent down to stare at him.

"That’s Mayor Twiddlebug?" Maria squinted.

"Of course my dear lady," he tipped his hat to her. "Strange that someone of my stature could look this good, hmm?"

"But... But he es muy pequeño!" Rosita shouted.

"Yeah, and he’s really small too!" Zoe chimed in.

"Well... small isn’t a bad thing, necessarily," Telly said.

Prairie Dawn nodded. "I know I believe in little things."

"Like little cookies!" Cookie Monster declared.

"Small or not," business suit man pushed his way through the crowd. "He holds the deed to Sesame Street."

"Indeed I do," Mayor Twiddlebug nodded.

"How did you get the deed to Sesame Street?" Bob asked.

"Well, you see, I-"

"No time for bedtime stories," business suit man interrupted the mayor. "I’ll take the deed now, mister Twiddlebug."

"Oh, you’re the man I spoke to over the phone," Mayor Twiddlebug nodded.

"How can a Twiddlebug hold a phone?" Ernie whispered to Bert.

"Shh!" Bert scolded.

"Yes, I am," business suit man said. "Now, my deed, if you please."

"Hold on here," Maria stepped forward. "Just what do you think makes it your deed?"

"It is his my dear," Mayor Twiddlebug flew up to business suit man’s shoulder. "He is the rightful heir to Sesame Street."

"Heir?" Herry asked.

Elmo took a deep breath. "Is what you breath!"

"No, no," Alan said. "Heir, as in, rightful owner..."

"Meaning..." Bob whispered.

"That Sesame Street belongs to me, and will be a parking lot by the end of the month."

The crowd gasped and shrieked. "Just who do you think you are?" Susan asked, furiously.

"Me?" business suit man asked. "My name is Alex Hooper."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<GLOMPS the Prawn before anybody else gets a chance to reply!> HA! <Continues to read>

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*BIRTHDAY glomp for the other half before anybody else gets a chance to reply* HA! *continues to watch Lisa read*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Finishes reading> PRAWNIE I glomp you! Again! LOVE the story, love the chapter, love knowing that you're gonna rip my heart to SHREDS! ...What?... First off, SUPER GROVER! And SCRAM! No, don't scram, I was just quoting. You stay right here, I might need to glomp you again. Mayor Twiddlebug and OPENING NUMBER!!!!!! With EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! And Oscar's question, SQUEEE!

And then, enter man in suit. His opening line is hilarious. Matter of fact, a great deal of his lines are hilarious.

But.

His plan for the street, our beloved street? NOT so hilarious. More like scary, and WHAAAA this is gonna be a FANTASTICABULOUS story! <GLOMP!> (See, I told you to stay here.)

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... This is a very fine start hokay... And like The Lisa, I sooooo want you to post more Prawn!
Mayor Thaddius Twiddlebug is actually the mayor of Twiddlebug Town, look it up at Muppet Wiki, but it doesn't detract from the overall story.
And I'll be honest, when you first introduced Alex Hooper with his rude behavior and business suit, I thought it was the baddy from and this might end up being a sequel to Sometimes It's Better To Go.
Like we've said... Moooooore please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I’ve Got Two... Chapters!

Big Bird peered through the window at Hooper’s Store where the adults and Alex Hooper sat inside talking.

"What’s going on Big Bird?" Elmo asked.

"Yeah, what awe they talking about?" Baby Bear tried to jump up to look in the window.

"I can’t tell..." Big Bird said. "It’s hard to make out."

Zoe bounced up and down, trying to look in the window as well. "Well what are their faces saying?"

"Zoe, that’s silly," Elmo said. "Faces can’t talk!"

"Si, only mouths on faces can talk," Rosita said.

"Everybody looks sad..." Big Bird said. "Except Mr. Alex Looper."

"Hooper, Big Bird, Hooper!" Zoe shouted.

"Oh, sorry," Big Bird said. "I never could get that right."

A taxi pulled up in front of the 123 Sesame Street apartments. The cab door opened and two bright green flippers hit the pavement. The snout that was connected at the top of those flippers took in a whiff of air.

As the cab drove away a trash can opened. Oscar shot up out of his can, ready to tell the new visitor to "scram."

"Hey, buddy!" Oscar shouted. "Why don’t you-" The Grouch stopped, two Saturn-shaped pupils stared back at him.

"Go on," the frog told the Grouch. "It wouldn’t be Sesame Street without it."

Oscar blinked. "Uh, well, scram," he said without anger in his voice.

"Thanks Oscar." The frog hopped off down the street.

"Hey, Frog!" Oscar called. The frog turned around. "Good to have you back."

The frog grinned and nodded. He turned back the way he was headed, towards Hooper’s Store.

"I wonder what’s goin’ on at Hooper’s," the frog asked himself.

As the Street’s younger residents continued to attempt to see in on the adults’ meeting, the frog stopped behind them.

"Uh, hi-ho everyone!" the frog said cheerfully.

No one turned around.

"What could they be talking about in there?" Telly wondered aloud.

"Maybe they’re talking about the letter of the day," Zoe said.

"No, no," Prairie Dawn said. "Cookie Monster already ate it."

"Excuse me," the frog interjected. "Hi-ho!"

"They probably won’t tell us what they were talking about either," Big Bird sighed.

"If only someone was here to help us!" Rosita said.

"Yeah, but who?" Baby Bear asked.

"I wish Kermit was here... he’d know what to do," Big Bird said.

"But Kermit is-"

"Yeah! Green frog could help us!"

"But I’m right he-"

"But he’s so busy, he’d never have time for us..."

"I am right here!" Kermit the Frog shouted. "Kermit the Frog is right here!"

As the crowd Hooper’s turned around, a loud gasp was heard. Grover came darting in. "Hello Froggy babieeeeeee!"

"Hi-ho Grov-"

Grover smacked Kermit on his back, knocking him over. "Oh, it is so good to see you again Froggy!" The monster hoisted Kermit back on his flippers.

Kermit swallowed loudly. "It’s great to see you all too." Kermit picked his stuff up off the ground. "But, uh, what’s going on?"

Everyone started talking at once, trying to explain.

Kermit frowned. "One at a time! Quiet! One at a time!" he shouted, silencing the crowd. "Now, remember how to take turns?"

All of them raised their hands. Elmo began jumping up and down. "Ooh! Ooh! Green frog, green frog! Pick Elmo!"

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Okay, Elmo."

"Yay!" Elmo cheered. "Green frog picked Elmo! Yay!"

Elmo grinned and stared at Kermit, giggling. Kermit stared back. "Well?"

"Well what?" Elmo asked.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Tell green frog what?"

Kermit scrunched up his face again. He turned to Grover. "Grover, could you explain?"

"What is the magic word, Froggy baby?" Grover asked.

Kermit sighed. "Please!"

"Well! There is no need to shout!"

-~-~-~-~-

"This store is mine. This street is mine." Alex Hooper slammed his soda bottle on the counter.

"But, that can’t be," Bob said. "I’ve never even seen this so-called deed."

"Bob’s right. How do we even know there is a deed?" Gina asked.

"Twiddlebug, the deed, if you please," Alex told the bug.

The purple speck flew behind the counter, and underneath it. "A little help, please," Mayor Twiddlebug said from under the counter.

Alan bent down and reached under, pulling out a rolled up piece of parchment. Alan unrolled it and read over it. "It’s... the deed."

Alan handed the deed to Gordon. Susan and the others read it over Gordon’s shoulder.

"Okay, so it’s the deed. But what makes it yours?" Maria asked.

"Where’s the other document Twiddlebug?" Alex Hooper asked.

"It’s- oomf- still down here!" Mayor Twiddlebug tugged at another piece of paper under the counter.

Alan pulled it out. "What is it Alan?" Luis asked.

"It’s... it’s a will." Alan whispered. Alex crossed his leg over the other and smirked. The adults looked at each other.

"Whose will Alan?" Susan asked slowly.

"His will..." Alan quickly gave Gordon the will.

All eyes turned to Gordon.

"Mr.- Mr. Hooper."

-~-~-~-~-

~1982~

"My dear friends," Mr. Hooper said as he wrote. "My time on this Earth is growing short. That is why I have decided to write down my last will and testament. First, I must reveal that-"

The bell atop the door of Hooper’s Store rang. A purple-skinned Muppet cowboy entered the store.

"Howdy par’ner," said the cowboy.

Mr. Hooper sighed, he put aside the pen and paper and turned his attention to the cowboy. "Hello there Forgetful, what’ll you have today?" he asked.

Forgetful Jones scratched his head. "Well... uh... tarnation, I plum forgot!"

"Figures..." Mr. Hooper impatiently wiped the counter top. "Milkshake?" he asked.

"No... no, that wasn’t it." Forgetful took a seat on a barstool.

"Well, would you like one anyway?" Mr. Hooper said with a smirk, trying to get rid of Forgetful, and back to the business that wasn’t his business.

"No... I don’t think so." Forgetful got up off the barstool. "Ah well, thanks anyway." Forgetful Jones shook his head, and left Hooper’s Store.

Mr. Hooper shook his head as well. "At least now I can-"

The bell rang again. This time signaling a two-headed monster. The Two-Headed Monster to be precise.

"Oh no..." Mr. Hooper sighed. "Not you... two?"

The two heads argued with one another. "No, no, no!" one shouted. "Coke! No Pepsi!"

"No, no, no!" replied the other. "Pepsi! No Coke!"

Mr. Hooper uncapped a bottle of both sodas, to be prepared, and continued on his will.

The monster continued to argue with itself. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" shouted the first head. "No thirsty!"

"No thirsty? Hungry!"

"Yeah! Cupcakes!"

"No! No cupcakes! Cookies!"

"-the deed to-" Mr. Hooper was muttering.

"COOKIES?!" Cookie Monster popped up out of nowhere, behind Mr. Hooper.

The shop-keeper threw his arms up in shock, knocking over the Pepsi, spilling it on his will. "Ach!" he groaned.

Cookie Monster bit his fingers. "Oh, sorry. Um... where cookies?"

Mr. Hooper handed Cookie a box of cookies (and Cookie proceeded to devour them, and the box). He picked up his will and muttered at the soda stain. He shoved the paper, along with another he grabbed from atop his refrigerator, underneath the counter.

"I’ll get to it later..." Mr. Hooper mumbled, going back to work.

Unfortunately, later never came.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<blink>

<stares>

<is no longer concious, please come again soon>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Loving everything... Song reference as the chapter's title!
The preview you shared with us!
Kermit! Kermit? *Checks, yep Kermit!
Forgetful Jones and the Two-Headed Monster, with a cameo by Cookie Monster also!

*Saddened by later never came.
Post moooooore!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
You all ready know I love this, in case you don't, go check out MC Jr.