Sesame Street Fanfic: Musical Moments

dietrich

Reaction score
Here’s a Sesame Street fanfic a based on the old Muppet videos that had old Muppet Show skits. I think it’s pretty good. It’s called: “Sesame Street’s Musical Moments” circa 1988.

Opening Scene: On Sesame Street, near Hooper’s Store camera pans down to a piano w/ a picture of Joe Raposo playing the Sesame Street theme played by Don Music. Next to the piano, Bob is standing.

Bob (looking to the camera): Oh, hi. Today on Sesame Street Don and me thought we’d play some of our favorite songs.

Don: Yes Bob. There have been so many magical, musical moments on Sesame Street. I don’t know where to begin. Why don’t we start with some friends of mine Little Jerry and the Monotones?

Bob: What song Don?

Don: The Telephone Rock!

Cut to clip of Telephone Rock. Back to the street scene.

Bob: I hope they were okay.

Don: Don’t worry Bob I posted bail for them. 10 dollars.

Bob: That high.

Suddenly Kermit in his trench coat comes on the scene looking disheveled

Kermit:frown:off screen) Yeah same to you fella. (Suddenly notices Don and Bob) Oh hi Don, Bob. What are you guys doing?

Don: Well Bob and I are just playing our favorite songs.

Bob: Kermit are you all right?

Kermit: Yeah I just had a rough ride on the subway

Cut to clip of Subway. Back to the street scene.

Bob: That was a rough ride.

Kermit: Yeah

Don: Say Kermit were on assignment for Sesame Street News?

Kermit: Hmm? (As is only now noticing he’s wearing his trench coat) Oh yeah well I went to interview Old King Cole as an intrepid reporter. Here watch.

Cut to clip of News Flash: Old King Cole. Back to the street scene. Bob, Don, & Kermit are still enjoying the music.

Bob: Hey I really liked that.

Kermit: Yeah I feel a little better.

Don: Well music does that to you. So let’s keep our concert going with Chrissy & the Alphabeats. (To Bob) Their friends of mine too.

Cut the clip of Exit. Back to the street scene. Chrissy walks in.

Chrissy: Whew I thought I’d never get of there.

Bob: And with good timing Chrissy, because it’s time for our first guest star.

Don: Ladies and gentlemen Miss Judy Collins. (Kermit and Chirssy sound impressed)

Cut to clip of Fishermen Song immediately followed by A Song from Kermit. Back to the street scene.

Bob: Those were some nice songs.

Kermit: Yeah but they were a little sad.

Don: Well let’s raise the mood with Lord Nelson and the Laughing Gas.

Cut to clip of It’s Funny, Yes It’s Funny. Back to the street scene with Bob, Don, and Kermit all laughing.

Bob: (laughing) Oh that was funny.

Big Bird comes by roller-skating.

Big Bird: Hi Bob, Hi Kermit, Hi, Mr. Music. What’re doing?

Don: Well Big Bird we’re just playing some of our favorite songs.

Big Bird: Really? Can I please hear some roller-skating music?

Bob: I think I know the perfect song for you Big Bird.

Cut to clip of the Wheels on My Heels.
Big Bird: Thank you (rolls away)

Bob: You’re welcome.

Don: Say Bob is there something weird in the sky?

Kermit: Yeah it looks like,

Bob: A capital I?

Cut to clip of Capital I. Back to the street scene.

Bob: Well that was weird.

Kermit: Bob, that was nothing. I’ve seen boomerang fish acts, drummers that war their drums, and a guy eating a tire to the Flight of the Bumblebee. An I in the sky is nothing.

Bob: (Amazed) A guy eating a tire.

Kermit: To be honest we aren’t sure what he is.

Don: Well if you want weird I have a song for you.

Cut to clip of Pretty Little Song. Back to the street scene.

Kermit: Sheesh that was weird.

Telly and Frazzle walk by

Telly: Oh Mr. Music, Frazzle was wondering if you’d play his favorite song.

Don: Of course Telly. (to Frazzle) What’s the name of the song? (Frazzle growls) Well why didn’t you say so? Hit it.

Cut to clip of Frazzle. Back to the street scene. Frazzle growls and walks off with Telly.

Don: You’re welcome. And now let’s look at two songs by our friends Bert and Ernie.

Cut to clips of Doin’ the Pigeon and D-U-C-K-I-E. Back to the street scene. Two-Headed walk by arguing.

Bob: Hey you what are you two fighting about. (The two keep saying Jump and Jive) Don’t you remember what Cab Calloway told about jump and jive.

Cut to clip of Cab Calloway singing Jump Jive. Back to the street scene w/ the Two-Headed monster singing “Jump Jive”. Biff and Sully walk in.
Biff: Yo Don, could you give me and Sully some music to listen to while we finish this job over here? Me and Sully always work faster when there’s music we like. Right Sull? (before Sully can open his mouth) Yeah right. (Sully gives Biff a brief dirty look)

Don: I think I have just the song for you Biff.

Cut the That Someone is You and Me. Back to the street scene.

Biff: Hey thanks Donny, Sully and me are all done. Let’s go Sull. (Biff and Sully leave)

Kermit: Yes gang music is important and (Grover runs in)

Grover: Hey Froggie Baby (slaps Kermit hard)

Kermit: (grimly) Hello Grover. (notices Grover is carrying a flute) I didn’t know you played the flute.

Grover: Oh yes. My mommy has had be practice every to day (To Bob) Practicing is very important.

Bob: I know Grover.

Grover: Why just today I was walking down the street and... Cut to skit of Grover playing with three other monsters. Back to the street scene.

Grover: Well I have go. Mommy is waiting for me. Bye Froggie (Slaps Kermit again and leaves)

Kermit: Sheesh what a day (Oscar comes in)

Oscar: Hey you’re sounding pretty grouchy there lizard lips.

Bob: Oscar what do want?

Oscar: I just came to get some grouch music played. (To Don) How about something yucky Four Eyes?

Don: I have just the song. It has James Taylor. (Oscar: Hey he’s not yucky)

Cut to clip of song James Taylor and Oscar sang together. Back to the street scene.

Oscar: Hey that was yucky. (Oscar leaves)

Don: Well gang we’re near the end of our musical escapade. So now it’s time for one of my songs. But which one to choose? Any suggestions?

Kermit: Well there’s Drive Your Car, Whistle, Whistle Little Bird. Hey why not Yellowstone Park?

Don: Oh no! Not that song.

Bob: Now Don, Kermit chose that song.

Cut to clip of Yellowstone Park. Back to the street scene with Don putting his head on the piano in embarrassment.

Don: Oh how humiliating.

Bob: Now Don we all make mistakes. Besides were down to our last song.

Kermit: We should sing something with zip and zest.

Don: Well I know how we will end.

Cut to clip of Zizzy Zoomers. Back to the street scene.

Kermit: Well those are our musical moments

Bob: We hope you enjoyed them as much as we did?

Don: Yes and we leave you with a montage of all the songs we’ve played

End credits.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That was a good fan fic. It's a shame that it's been online for a year without any comments.