Sesame Street figure line CANCELLED!

mikealan

Reaction score
I think I heard about this on the Muppet Wiki page about the Super Grover action figure.

Does this means that the production of Sesame Street action figures from Palisades Toys is coming to an end, due to be acquired by Limited by CAS, Inc.?

The back of the Super Grover box said that Series 1 would be coming soon, but it didn't! And it also had the original plans from last summer on the back too!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
mikealan said:
I think I heard about this on the Muppet Wiki page about the Super Grover action figure.

Does this means that the production of Sesame Street action figures from Palisades Toys is coming to an end, due to be acquired by Limited by CAS, Inc.?

The back of the Super Grover box said that Series 1 would be coming soon, but it didn't! And it also had the original plans from last summer on the back too!
yep its old news
http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/index.php
go here and read in the sesame forum and in the first forum as well for information.

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
I knew this would happen!!!!
At least I got Super Grover though, is there any way at all to get Big Bird & Little Bird and the first series, did they only make the ones in the pictures????

Disney Ruins Everything!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
flyingpenguin said:
I knew this would happen!!!!
At least I got Super Grover though, is there any way at all to get Big Bird & Little Bird and the first series, did they only make the ones in the pictures????

Disney Ruins Everything!!!!!

:mad: :mad:
this has nothing to even do with disney..where are you even getting this?
Disney only owns the muppet show muppets...not Sesame Street muppets.

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
I realize Disney doesn't own Seasame Street, but its my understanding that they cancelled the muppet line, even though I heard it was selling pretty good (maybe not good enough for them), then seasame street gets cancelled and Palisades goes under, maybe (maybe), if disney didnt cancel the muppet line, palisades would still be going strong producing muppets & ss & who knows maybe even fraggles. Then you'd have someone to keep Supergrover company. (My theory):zany: :zany: :zany:

BEAR

Reaction score
Meh. Disney has absolutely nothing to do with this, okay!

mikealan

Reaction score
Cancel Guy Smiley. Bring on Sherlock Hemlock.

Maybe if Palisades' Sesame Street line really has been cancelled as well as the continuation of the Muppets line, there should be a new toy company that should get the rights to continue production for Sesame Street and the Muppets and as well as the kids' popular companies such as Disney (although Disney currently owns the Muppets), Sesame Workshop, Nick, Cartoon Network and PBS Kids. For Series 1, I think Guy Smiley should be replaced by Sherlock Hemlock so Guy should move into the sixth series so he could be packed with a game-show set.

muppetperson

Reaction score
flyingpenguin said:
I realize Disney doesn't own Seasame Street, but its my understanding that they cancelled the muppet line, even though I heard it was selling pretty good (maybe not good enough for them), then seasame street gets cancelled and Palisades goes under, maybe (maybe), if disney didnt cancel the muppet line, palisades would still be going strong producing muppets & ss & who knows maybe even fraggles. Then you'd have someone to keep Supergrover company. (My theory):zany: :zany: :zany:
Bear is right.Disney had nothing to do with it.The licensing agreement was between Palisades and The Jim Henson Company with the deal being done before the Disney take over, and Palisades had the rights till 2005.Disney can not cancel it because they didnt start it.If Palisades wanted to continue it, then they would of had to negotiate with Disney.Palisades didnt renew the figures not because Disney wouldnt let them, but because after 9 waves, they thought it had run it's course.

mikealan

Reaction score
On Muppet Wiki, when it says that the Sesame Street figure line is cancelled as well as some unreleased Muppet figures as Sal Manilla, does this mean that we'll never seem them for the rest of our lives and never be getting them?

DVD's ruined every collectible merchandise!!