Sesame Street figure line CANCELLED!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... That kinda confirms one of the problems I have with Wiki in general...

Mike, let me try to expalin.
First of all... The Sesame Street figures were only manufactured in a low amount, as finished samples. The line got cancelled due to a combination of factors including the closing of Palisades Toys' operations. However, because these final samples exist, I wouldn't rule out seeing them on eBay in the distant future. Prototypes were put up for auction, missed the boat on those. As for never seeing them in our lifetimes... Let's just hope that Kenneth Lilly's new Creatus Maximus company can get the license and move forth from those sculpts.

As for Sal Manilla, he goes into a different category altogether. Sal Manilla, along with Baby Kermit and Piggy, and the Vet's Hospital trio were only made in prototype sculpted form. So those would only see the light of a collector's shelves if they were put up on eBay or obtained through other channels of personal connections.

As for the slate of figures Ken said would probably be S11-14, those were never made... Just him expressing what might've been released if the line had continued.
Hope this helps.

mikealan

Reaction score
:mad:
BEAR said:
I don't understand.
I think that means they want us to enjoy and watch new DVD's throughout the rest of our lives and forget about collecting toys such as figures! Grr!

Aleal

Reaction score
I'm a little tired of defending the Wiki, so this is my final post on the subject.

Here's the precise text on the page regarding the action figures:
"Following the bankruptcy of Palisades and the sale of the company to Limited by CAS Inc. in feburary 2006, the proposed Sesame Street line of action figures was cancelled. Only the Super Grover Action Figure, sold at conventions, has been made available for purchase to date. Although the first four figures in the series were apparently manufactured and listed on many sites, the cancelation of the line has prevented the figures from being released. Other figures, planned for series 2 or beyond, were never fully completed beyond prototype stages. Each figure would have been accompanied by a Letter of the Alphabet and part of Sesame Street, to be put together to create a diorama playset."

And on the individual pages for Guy Smiley and Big Bird action figures, I point out that they have yet to surface for retail. No such claim as "These figures will never be seen" is made, simply that they have been pulled from all but a few online retailers and all signs indicate if they do surface, it won't be through retail. I made it as accurate as I could based on posts from Ken Lilly on his forums and all apparent evidence.

I'm done.

mikealan

Reaction score
mikealan said:
:mad:

I think that means they want us to enjoy and watch new DVD's throughout the rest of our lives and forget about collecting toys such as figures! Grr!
I mean, sorry to bother you, but if we spend the time watching DVD's, I think I must keep it myself! Sorry! :embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey A.Leal... Sorry if it seems I'm giving you guys a hard time... Definitely not my intentions, just that I have my reservations. But I'm sure you do a heck of a job, just like I attempt to do so with the Muppet Listings.

A few things you might want to add.
The claim that each figure would come with a letter of the alphabet was only said to continue as far as the line went, no promise that the entire alphabet would be released.
The facade playsets were originally intended to be split into four pieces, one piece to be released with each of the figures in the main lineup of the series accompanying that set's release... A piece of the area from Oscar's trashcan to Big Bird's nesting area with the four figures intended for S1. But that plan was abandoned while the line was still a possibility, and the sets were to then be sold as one entire piece without being divided into individual pieces. It was this decision that allowed for more budget for accessories.
Hope this helps... And hope the project keeps going on.

MWoO

Reaction score
The set pieces were not pulled to make way for accessories. They were pulled because the production number was going to be so low the price point could not support the set pieces.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... Thank you for correcting that piece of information MWoO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems to me the problem is Palisades lost a crap load of money on recent lines (those PALS toys? God, how I detest them.). However, this is mainly because of the oversaturation of the adult collectors market (due in part, mostly because of crap from MacFarline... those fairytale ones really p' me off!), the fact that there's a shrinking Market for them to be sold (Suncoast is gone, EBX stopped carrying toys 2 years ago, TRU's are closing left and right), and the rotten economy (no matter how "good" they say it is, I am not buying it). With that said, now we're not even going to see series one. Just samples.

And *** does CAS plan to make, anyway? More lame g-list g-grade Sci Fi type toys? Monronically violent video game figures? They COULD make money off an SS line if they wanted to. look at the other toy lines... there's a CHARMED toy line. Buffy, Angle, I let slide because people actually would buy them..,. but CHARMED? The Royal Crown Cola to Buffy's Coke (or pepsi if you prefer)?

But this would put me off toy collecting, as indeed it almost did. I guess I'll have to rely on the TMNT, Family Guy, South Park,Teen Titans (minifigs only... the others are lame), and One Piece (they really aren't too good, actually... but they're less expensive than the Imported topys... and easier to get too) lines.

Such a dirty shame.

mikealan

Reaction score
IF a new toy company produces two series of Sesame Street figures right after Super Grover was made from Palisades before it bankrupts just like Medicom Kubricks figures, we'd get the first series which has Palisades' half of Series 1 and half of Palisades' half of Series 2 just like what Palisades did after Fun-4-All was bankrupt. We'd get:

Series 1:
Ernie
The Two-Headed Monster
Grover
The Count Von Count

Large Figure: Big Bird (with Little Bird)
Secret Figure: Green Twiddlebug and Pink Twiddlebug 2-pack

Series 2:
Elmo
Oscar (with Slimey)
Bert
Sherlock Hemlock

Secret Figure: Blue Twiddlebug and Orange Twiddlebug 2-pack

How's that?