Sesame Street Figure Pics Here

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Phil from Fun4All e-mailed me these three pictures yesterday with the following information:

http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/newbert.jpg
http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/newcookie.jpg
http://members.aol.com/mrthefrog/newoscar.jpg

-these are NOT final product, they are still hand painted versions for presentation and sales purposes.

-Oscar's can lid will NOT be stuck on his head. He will have a lever on the back of his can, allowing you to raise and lower him from the can. The lid will be on a hinge to the back of the can....the lid will be able to "snap" on and off of the hinge.

- the first set was sculpted in less than a week and casted from the clay just so we could show something at the first toy fair

-on Bert, the "texture" for his skin and clothes are not on these samples. The final versions will have it. Also his shoes will be a dark brown/black color.
-the "letter" characters came out about2.5" tall and have faces

-cookie and oscar will have the light and darks in their fur

-ernie comes with a banana that he can hold up to his ear

-working on possibly giving grover "bendable" arms since they're so thin

- the letters are going to be done in a soft PVC, so they're a little wobbly

-on the front of each package (for the cookie monster package) it will say "brought to you by the letter "C"

-Pictures of Ernie, Grover, and the letters will come next week.

Artie

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Those look very interesting!Thank you for posting those pics!

I like the Oscar and Cookie Monster figures.When are the Sesame figures coming out?Can't wait to see Grover and Ernie.

Can't wait till they come out.I wanna get Oscar and Cookie Monster-they're my two favorite Sesame Muppets of all time!

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Wow! What an improvement, especially for Bert! The changes on Cookie Monster and Oscar are more subtle, but also really nice. I like the slightly more crazed look that Cookie Monster has now. Great job revising these sculpts, Fun-4-All people!!

:smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Still not perfect, but a lot closer to the real puppets.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
wow, the new Bert looks meaner than the old Bert. He looks angry :frown:
Yeah, but he also looks more like Bert. Looks like Ernie won't let him read, or Ernie didn't put away any of the toys...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
----------
wow, the new Bert looks meaner than the old Bert. He looks angry
--------------

Hmm....wonder what he's so angry about...... :frown:

King Prawn

Reaction score
For those of you who also read the Palisades board I just want to let you know that i'm repeating myself.

IMHO they look much better than what they used to look like, I'm now actually glad that I pre-ordered they might not be as great (for now anyway) as a certain company we all know would have made them but they're good enough for me in fact they're great, well some not all.

Cookie
I love him, He's my fave, the new fur and darker colour really add to the figure. I especially like the fact that it is now proven that the cookie is not sculpted onto the hand.

Oscar
I hate the fact he's not removable from the can and that Slimey is sculpted onto the can (couldn't the parents just remove it from the package once it's open?) but overall I love how he's turned out, much better than before, again the new fur adds a lot to the figure.

Bert
Is the one i'm least excited about but still I like how it turned out, look at the nose, much, much better. I don't really see the point of having his hand closed but still compared to the first one, although still not great is still much better.

These things have come a long way, I can't wait to see Grover with this new fur look as well as Ernie. I for one apologise for judging Fun-4-all so quickly, they might not be The Best but they are good and i wouldn't mind having these in my collection.

Thanks for the pic's Artie

Ryan

Reaction score
Eh, they still don't look as good as how much they will be charging.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Joshie Likes...

OK, these look alot better and I'm glad to see em and have some more info. Looks super, and I can't wait to see Super Grover either, since he's my most sorely awaited.

Bert probably ran out of Preperation H or something.